Off-Topic Idaho murders

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ancenstry.com and 23andme.com have opened up huge avenues for LEO to track down previously unknown genetic material.

Brave new world.

I'm in my early 40s. I did an ancestry test 10 years ago and totally forgot about it. Around a month ago, I got a notification that a "genetic relative" was trying to send me a message. Turns out I have a 48 year old half brother I never knew about. My father also was unaware that when he cheated on my mom many decades ago, he had a kid. Half brother had been looking for his biological dad for years and found him through my genetic match. Fortunately my new half brother is a cool guy, but needless to say, Thanksgiving was quite interesting this year.

I'm in my early 40s. I did an ancestry test 10 years ago and totally forgot about it. Around a month ago, I got a notification that a "genetic relative" was trying to send me a message. Turns out I have a 48 year old half brother I never knew about. My father also was unaware that when he cheated on my mom many decades ago, he had a kid. Half brother had been looking for his biological dad for years and found him through my genetic match. Fortunately my new half brother is a cool guy, but needless to say, Thanksgiving was quite interesting this year.

Almost same situation with a friend of mine but her mom had a one night stand

Advertisement
Had TWO extended family situations identical to yours...they happen oftwn enough they are called "unknown parental events"

Got this text earlier today from my brother, believe it was sent to a friend of his by a pa state cop. I have no idea if it is true, but I got it before the cops publicly talked about the DNA stuff. TIFWIW:

So I guess this guy is a serial killer. Has a PHD. Was going to WSU which isn’t far from Idaho. They got his DNA off a button at the scene. And uploaded it into 23andme. His relatives were on there so they tracked him down. His parents live in Monroe county. We went through his trash got more DNA. PSP flew the trash out to Idaho where they got a match on the DNA. Then our SERT guys served the warrant last night. They think he killed somebody in Allentown and in Washington. White car was at his parents.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The perp looks like Bayless--just sayin'.

1672934792113.png

Advertisement
Back