C'est la vie
Banned
Guys that were regarded as high 4 stars or 5 stars on a majority of sites:

Kaaya
Chad
Darling
McDermott
Yearby

That's not bad. It could've been a lot better. But you need these type of guys to form the nucleus of the program.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If trayon gray gets in, how could he not be considered a 5star athlete? I would add him to elite.

Advertisement
jenkins and juwon young would be more highly regarded if they played in south florida. juco recruiting sites aren't strong so wyche or heurtelou can wind up surprising people. Orgeron was in love with Wyche.

jenkins and juwon young would be more highly regarded if they played in south florida. juco recruiting sites aren't strong so wyche or heurtelou can wind up surprising people. Orgeron was in love with Wyche.

not a huge fan of Wyche... Strong, but no get off

Advertisement
I believe Hester and D.Jackson will end up being elite

I agree but I'm talking about strictly ratings.

I understand, but ratings are so subjective. Carter from Georgia was considered elite, yet D.Jackson has equally impressive measurables and better production after just 1 year of Football. So I would definitely consider him an Elite prospect.

And as far as Hester is concerned, I didn't see any safety film that was more impressive then his....

Here's how I break it down:

Instant upgrades to positions of need -

Kaaya
Wyche
Heurtelou
Hester
Thomas
Young
McDermott
Yearby

Additional 2-deep in 2014 -

Harris
Jackson
Gray
Langham
Berrios (if healthy)
Linder
Darling

Future depth for 2015 and beyond -

Njoku
Gayot
Brady
Moten
McCray
Rosier
Mayes
Herndon
Smith
Owens
Jenkins

Of those, I think Kaaya, McDermott, Thomas, Hester, Yearby, and Young are "elite" (based on my own criteria of course.)

I think Jenkins will be our best DT by 2015 with Moten close behind.

Redshirt candidates for this year IMO are: Jenkins, Moten, Njoku, Smith, Harris OR Jackson, McCray, Rosier, Owens, Mayes, Brady, and hopefully Linder and Darling (hoping injuries don't press them into early service.)

not a huge fan of Wyche... Strong, but no get off

Not as important in this defense. He isn't shooting gaps. As long as he plays with the proper leverage, he should be able to plug the middle and attract attention so the LB's can roam free.

Terrence Cody didn't have great get off but he was a ******* bull against the run and you were forced to devote two linemen to handle him, which opened up 'Bama's LB's to run around unimpeded.

As long as Wyche stays low and plays like a nose as opposed to trying to be Warren Sapp, he'll provide a boon to this defense.

Advertisement
Yeah I REALLY want every OL and freshman DT we signed to redshirt this year if possible - I looked at Linder as basically our #2 center this year and put him in my 2-deep kinda by default.

I think Young and Wyche are the twoi most under rated players in the class. Young especially can be elite

Advertisement
Back