I wonder what would happen if the coaches didn't show up at practice one day...

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
just sat up in the office and watched for 30 min. Who would take the lead?
I know, back in the day, what would happen. The Offensive and Defensive leaders of the team would run practice. These cats today, what would they do? What would Shaq and Pinkney do? What would Jarren or JT do? I bet they would all stand around with their fingers up their asses wonder who's smelled better.
Where are our leaders? Who are they? I can't even tell anymore. I knew who they were when we were dominate.
Who is the defensive leader that is on the field/in the huddle getting on the guys asses for poor play? Offense, who is that **** leader? If I can't tell or you can't tell, we are screwed. Where's the leader telling the coach, "I got this, I will get them straight. Back off" We have none.
We have no leaders out there. It is sad.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

I know, back in the day, what would happen. The Offensive and Defensive leaders of the team would run practice. These cats today, what would they do? What would Shaq and Pinkney do? What would Jarren or JT do? I bet they would all stand around with their fingers up their asses wonder who's smelled better.
Where are our leaders? Who are they? I can't even tell anymore. I knew who they were when we were dominate.
Who is the defensive leader that is on the field/in the huddle getting on the guys asses for poor play? Offense, who is that **** leader? If I can't tell or you can't tell, we are screwed. Where's the leader telling the coach, "I got this, I will get them straight. Back off" We have none.

I mean it’s not a bad idea

Advertisement
Also have to add I think we have way to many non leading coaches on this team also. I know the kids don’t respect a few of them for various reasons.

Shaq and Pinkney would be chasing a #29 jersey all over campus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They’d probably treat it like a class and after 15 minutes they are legally allowed to leave and not be marked absent.........

But no really that’s a dam good question. Can you imagine if Jerome brown saw someone coasting? Or Ed reed? If Shaq and pink made the so called “decision” to forgo the draft(they’d have been 7th rounders) you’d think they came back to win. But oh well maybe they just like the talent on campus or something.

Advertisement
Has this actually happened in the past? Are we just pulling **** out of our a$$ now in order to fit the narrative that past teams were so much better and these guys are just horrible? Man, to hear you tell it those championship teams walked on water.

C'mon man. Yeah, they were great but the mythos of the old squads is getting ridiculous.

Wouldn’t be jw. Tate got that 🔥

Advertisement
Funny in High School the graduating seniors used to play the incoming seniors in the spring game. My senior year we even enlisted a few wrestlers to play so we had enough guys. We told them we didn't want a coach, we'd coach ourselves.

We played in a state Semi-final as juniors and Regional final as seniors, we ran the offense and plays we wanted and scored the most points we'd ever scored as a group playing together.

Did the same thing in college (NAIA) in an alumni game they played pre-season, we were two time conference champs cameback and beat the incoming team the oldest guys were in their 30s smoking cigarettes on the sideline.

I think Deejay is a leader type. I also think he is one of the very few on this roster that truly burns with Orange and Green fire. That story about him staying late to bust a-s with the o-line always stuck with me (something that was reported by others, by the way, or we wouldn't know about it... Deejay didn't run to IG and post a pic of him on the sleds at sunset). I could see Deejay taking over and leading the offense's practices. I legitimately don't know with the D. That's sad.

I'd actually love to see this experiment take place.

Would probably turn into guys racing each other and doing 1 on 1s seeing who can burn who to be honest

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back