I woke up to the smell of fresh napalm this morning...

k9cane

Senior
Ok, fellas... this is it. Yeah, I get it, there's plenty of football to be played after Sept 4 -- but this will tell us something about our coach, our program and where we stand. I'm nervous but excited.

Show us something.

I like this team. I've been told by people who have seen it with their own eyes, that I trust and are knowledgeable that this is the best Miami team in about 15 years. That it has the most depth, and the fastest in a long time. Also, there is the D-King factor, having a 6th year QB who can contend for the Heisman is huge. I just wish that we had a Phillips or Rosseau to anchor our Dline, but this is college football, you dont have 10 year veterans. It is what it is.

Feel a bit guilty Im not in Atlanta (Barney's Beanery in W. Hollywood is the place to be for Canes fans in Los Angeles) but I'll be at some other games this season. One that I believe will show if Manny Diaz is our long-term solution or not.

Lets go Canes...

Last edited:
Advertisement
How we go from Rousseau and Phillips to freaking McCloud, that drop off is incredible, lol.. Cant be that deep if 6 year jag types can change positions and jump over everyone for a starting position when it was a premeir position in our defense.. turrible

How we go from Rousseau and Phillips to freaking McCloud, that drop off is incredible, lol.. Cant be that deep if 6 year jag types can change positions and jump over everyone for a starting position when it was a premeir position in our defense.. turrible

Just keep this in mind, there are no perfect rosters, ever. Remember who our back-up QB was to Dorsey in 2001?

My hope is that a Harvey takes that next step, DeAndre Johnson is solid, and we can do this committee...

We are good enough at every position to reasonably beat any team in the country save a few. As @k9cane pointed out, its now down to the coaching.

Just keep this in mind, there are no perfect rosters, ever. Remember who our back-up QB was to Dorsey in 2001?

My hope is that a Harvey takes that next step, DeAndre Johnson is solid, and we can do this committee...

more than ever, for this game, winning on first down on defense is key. Because if Bama can just gash UM on the ground over and over for 5,6, 7 yards. This game will be a slow bleed as we get body punched like we're facing a prime Julio Cesar Chavez

Im really intrigued and excited to see this Miami amoeba defense that has a bunch of safeties and strikers all over, where you can get exotic with things -- but again, that is reliant on getting teams into 3rd and longs consistently

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
although viable concerns in mccloud, the dude is built for the part and cares about making an impact. I think that matters more than talent in games like this. He came back, changed his body, learned a new position and has probably earned starting position through camp for working harder than anyone else. Also, just because he's starting doesn't mean he's going to get the majority of the snaps

Oh for sure, just seems like there are a ton of question marks in that front 7 and realllllly undersized with flagg keontre and mccloud at end, Im running right at those guys every play and see if they can take the pounding..

Expect bama to do that and mich st looks like they have big experienced oline and want to pound the rock also, we will find out very quickly if undersized is the move

That’s when I called it for the season. Manny can’t get out of his own way. We don’t owe McCloud or Carter ANYTHING!!! They have no business being in the 2 deep. You don’t get 5-6 years to prove yourself after poor performances in most careers, why do we allow it? I’d take my chances with young hungry talent.

Advertisement
Oh for sure, just seems like there are a ton of question marks in that front 7 and realllllly undersized with flagg keontre and mccloud at end, Im running right at those guys every play and see if they can take the pounding..

Expect bama to do that and mich st looks like they have big experienced oline and want to pound the rock also, we will find out very quickly if undersized is the move
I love our DT’s. DE’s I’m not crazy about but Harvey was a highly recruited ranked kid so it’s time for him to be our next great one.

.I like this team. I've been told by people who have seen it with their own eyes, that I trust and are knowledgeable that this is the best Miami team in about 15 years. That it has the most depth, and the fastest in a long time. Also, there is the D-King factor, having a 6th year QB who can contend for the Heisman is huge.
yeah-right-right.gif

Advertisement
Back