I will say this about Manny...

B Run

Sophomore
Premium
Last year, everyone was on this board screaming Manny had no balls and wouldn't make any changes on the offense. This year, same tone with the defense. Well, at the very least, he dismissed Enos quickly and I think we will see the same with Baker. I really do (although we should already have seen that news, but ok). On top of his off season prowess, I truly believe he will do whatever it takes to prove he was the right choice. I believe he absolutely believes he can make this happen in a matter of time. Whether or not that will happen can certainly still be debated. I know it's crazy to say this on this site but I am giving Manny the benefit of the doubt for one more year. Up until the last game, Miami did show some grit and fight we haven't seen in quite some time. Record improved vastly, offense improved dramatically and we have possibly the best special teams this program has ever had(and we've had some dame good ones). No I am not happy about the loss on Saturday and there is zero excuse for giving up a 2nd and 26 on a run play only to see a 1rst and 20 on the very next play converted on a run play. I'll wait and see what happens but I do think Manny does the right thing here.

Advertisement
In my opinion what Manny did last year by firing the offensive staff is not “balls”. He did the obvious. The only reason people are giving him credit for that is because we had two prior imbeciles at head coach who refused to make changes, so that was the measuring stick. We should not applaud someone for firing a staff who had one of the worst offenses in the country, that should be expected.

In my opinion what Manny did last year by firing the offensive staff is not “balls”. He did the obvious. The only reason people are giving him credit for that is because we had two prior imbeciles at head coach who refused to make changes, so that was the measuring stick. We should not applaud someone for firing a staff who had one of the worst offenses in the country, that should be expected.

This comment says so much about the state of the program. We are now wanting to give the head coach props for firing the guy who led one of the worst offenses in the country. Comical.

"No I am not happy about the loss on Saturday and there is zero excuse for giving up a 2nd and 26 on a run play only to see a 1rst and 20 on the very next play converted on a run play"

Respectfully
Last year, everyone was on this board screaming Manny had no balls and wouldn't make any changes on the offense. This year, same tone with the defense. Well, at the very least, he dismissed Enos quickly and I think we will see the same with Baker. I really do (although we should already have seen that news, but ok). On top of his off season prowess, I truly believe he will do whatever it takes to prove he was the right choice. I believe he absolutely believes he can make this happen in a matter of time. Whether or not that will happen can certainly still be debated. I know it's crazy to say this on this site but I am giving Manny the benefit of the doubt for one more year. Up until the last game, Miami did show some grit and fight we haven't seen in quite some time. Record improved vastly, offense improved dramatically and we have possibly the best special teams this program has ever had(and we've had some dame good ones). No I am not happy about the loss on Saturday and there is zero excuse for giving up a 2nd and 26 on a run play only to see a 1rst and 20 on the very next play converted on a run play. I'll wait and see what happens but I do think Manny does the right thing here.

"No I am not happy about the loss on Saturday and there is zero excuse for giving up a 2nd and 26 on a run play only to see a 1rst and 20 on the very next play converted on a run play"

Respectfully...it seem like you are excusing it.

Advertisement
This comment says so much about the state of the program. We are now wanting to give the head coach props for firing the guy who led one of the worst offenses in the country. Comical.
He sucked for hiring Enos, and we should applaud him firing the slug brained fool he hired? That's like applauding your buddy for dumping the 440 pound, STD riddled chick he dated for 9 months.

He sucked for hiring Enos, and we should applaud him firing the slug brained fool he hired? That's like applauding your buddy for dumping the 440 pound, STD riddled chick he dated for 9 months.
I really don’t want to defend Manny but many people applauded the Enos hire. And I think he does deserve credit for realizing the offense needed to go in a completely different direction and taking action on that. Our previous two head coaches were either slow to make moves or didn’t have the balls to make any at all.

I really don’t want to defend Manny but many people applauded the Enos hire. And I think he does deserve credit for realizing the offense needed to go in a completely different direction and taking action on that. Our previous two head coaches were either slow to make moves or didn’t have the balls to make any at all.
I wasn't one of them. I was furious. Dude had a downward trajectory and Manny thinks he stole him from Alabama. It was ALL about optics. Style over substance. Everything Manny does is style over substance. Every **** thing.

I wasn't one of them. I was furious. Dude had a downward trajectory and Manny thinks he stole him from Alabama. It was ALL about optics. Style over substance. Everything Manny does is style over substance. Every **** thing.
You seem tense.

Advertisement
69814FEF-67DF-476C-93F2-D1675B9A14C2.jpeg

I also think it's easier to fire people who you have no real ties to.

Baker, Banda, Patke are guys he brought in after coming up under his guidance.

His next moves with the defense will tell you if his balls have dropped.

And firing them is solving half the problem. Be a CEO and hire a real DC. Time will tell

Advertisement
Back