I was wrong about...

TheChosenOne

Senior
this defense. I thought all we needed from this defense to get to the next level was to improve our run defense (for teams like BC, Wis) but we have improved our run defense and yet our defense is as bad as it's ever been.

This scheme is SOLELY good for getting TFLs, Sacks, and QB pressures. Without those statistic this defense is hot garbage. We usually would get about 11 to 12 TFL/Sacks per game but not it feels like we only get about 6.

We desperately need to find a way to get back to being a pressure defense. We also need to change our tackling technique back to whatever it was before because this ain't working.

Advertisement
Baker in then presser doesn’t seem like a smart or dynamic guy. He has the look and personality of a second second level assistant— not a DC for a legendary program.

But his product on the field using the many of the high quality pieces from last year’s Top 3 Defense tells me he’s a failure as DC.

Manny stepping back into Involvement on D tells me Baker is a failure and needs to be replaced ASAP.

Also curious as I don’t recall, but did Pete Carroll run his own defense at USC ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back