I want to tell you a story....

cooks002

Junior
Since we talking ball I want to tell you a little story about the 2017 University of Miami Hurricanes.

Yall remember Hurricane Irma? Yeah that was a big deal. Miami played their opening game of the season and then had half the team relocated to a hotel Orlando and the other half staying in Miami with their families to prepare for what was forecast as a devastating weather event. Players went without power for upwards of a week and many were left eating less than ideal food for a Division I athlete.

After a 3 week break, things got back to normal. Started off with FSU, a team we hadn't beaten in 7 years. No one thought they could win. They won. Next up Georgia Tech, everyone said Miami would have a let down and playing the triple option on a short week was trouble. They won. Next up Syracuse, who had just beaten Clemson. They said we couldn't win because Syracuse runs a lot of plays, they won. They bludgeoned V Tech and Notre Dame. Slipped up against Pitt. Now this game.

Our QB is a player who everyone wanted to transfer before this season. Our best wide receiver tore up his knee this week. We have one of the best defenses in the nation (turnover chain) but yet no first team All-ACC players; apparently the **** chain is making plays and not our players. Going into our 12th straight game with no bye week, playing with 65 scholarship players, and facing a Giant this week in Clemson; big underdogs.

Let's ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back