I try not to sway to far to one side or another

Miami04

Senior
But this baseball team sucks. We sucked last year and there is no hope in sight next year. I am embarrassed and disappointed in the direction this program has taken. I don't expect the CWS every year but this will be the 5th year in the row without a birth and that is pathetic.

I'm not saying Morris needs to go right now but if there is not a CWS appearance next year he needs to be asked to take an aministrative position.

Advertisement
no

its time

this team has sucked for a few years now

its not like we get beat by better teams but are fundamentally sound

we havent had a fundamentally sound team in ages

either hes not recruiting kids he can coach......hes not coaching it.....or he doesnt care

none of which are acceptable

its time to move on

I decided to go play golf instead of going to the game and wasting my time !!!! Friday did it for me...I coach a little league team that don't make the mistakes Miami was making !!! How the **** do they not know to cover a base at a certain time or a certain play ? It's all coaching but the players should know also because they have been playing ball since they were little kids and should know better !!! In the end it all falls on Morris so he is the head of the team and how do you kill a snake ? By cutting the head Off.... Not saying he is a bad person or anything , let's honor him and thank him for the championships but its time to move on....Thank you for your services !!!

I decided to go play golf instead of going to the game and wasting my time !!!! Friday did it for me...I coach a little league team that don't make the mistakes Miami was making !!! How the **** do they not know to cover a base at a certain time or a certain play ? It's all coaching but the players should know also because they have been playing ball since they were little kids and should know better !!! In the end it all falls on Morris so he is the head of the team and how do you kill a snake ? By cutting the head Off.... Not saying he is a bad person or anything , let's honor him and thank him for the championships but its time to move on....Thank you for your services !!!

exactly

its nothing personal.....its just business

It's been very apparent for several years now that this program has been in a decline. Morris cannot motivate or provide any vision to the program. His complacency as finally caught up.

Advertisement
The program seems to have started the slide after the '08 team **** the bed in Omaha. 0-6 vs Uf & FSU, lose to UCG and FGCU, unacceptable.

I was going to bring up the 08 team like the poster above. That team had no business not getting to the finals after dispatching Arizona and their battle tested and very good pitching. Its been bottom of the barrel and surviving since. We are not good in any of the three major sports. I do have hope in football and somewhat in basketball but we are at least 2 years away in both.

But, hey! Look at our academic rating!

However you slice it, we arent living up to expectations. Expectations at the U for baseball are extremely high, maybe even too or unfairly high. But they are! What needs to happen next though is tough. Is it asking #3 to move on? Maybe, possibly, probably, unlikely, IDK! Something needs to happen, and it seems that we have had a rotation of assistant coaches coming and going now the past few years. The issue could be as simple as re-energizing our recruiting efforts and going after a few different types of kids. The question that needs to be answered imo is what would the other top coaches do at the U? What would Carolina or Clemson's hc do at the U? What would UNC or UF's hc do at the U? For the record I dont think Mike Martin could/would do any better at Miami than #3 today.

Advertisement
imurcane said:
However you slice it, we arent living up to expectations. Expectations at the U for baseball are extremely high, maybe even too or unfairly high. But they are! What needs to happen next though is tough. Is it asking #3 to move on? Maybe, possibly, probably, unlikely, IDK! Something needs to happen, and it seems that we have had a rotation of assistant coaches coming and going now the past few years. The issue could be as simple as re-energizing our recruiting efforts and going after a few different types of kids. The question that needs to be answered imo is what would the other top coaches do at the U? What would Carolina or Clemson's hc do at the U? What would UNC or UF's hc do at the U? For the record I dont think Mike Martin could/would do any better at Miami than #3 today.

Great post.

Mike Martin is a piece of ****.

I'm certain Martin couldn't do any better, look at his string of failures as evidence. The question is a fair one though. IMO the problem is it's more difficult to know the actual quality of coaches. If Miami were ever to replace JM they would have to look at guys at smaller programs that are successful.

Advertisement
no

its time

this team has sucked for a few years now

its not like we get beat by better teams but are fundamentally sound

we havent had a fundamentally sound team in ages

either hes not recruiting kids he can coach......hes not coaching it.....or he doesnt care

none of which are acceptable

its time to move on

THIS, and why the **** would he deserve an administrative position? *That is basically what he is in now, because he sure as **** isn't coaching or recruiting, and the team sucks ***. *Why pay this ****** more money, and let him continue to preside over ****** teams? *He was a great coach, he won two national championships, but he is old and out of touch, the University owes him nothing, they have paid him plenty of money, and he no longer needs to have a say in what goes on here. *Fire the entire staff.

Advertisement
Back