I think we need 5 cb's signed in this 2021 class

powelkm

Recruit
We probably don't have the room to sign 5 cb's but we need to figure something out FAST.

We need to flip kids like a mother....er
We need to scour juco and find a day 1 starter
We need to buy M. Brown
We need to get bags out
We need to go to Louisville beat them and get Edwards.
We need to look at athletes and qbs as possible options until we can get local db's (bye rumph).

Roster Management of 85 players, not 53 shouldn't have db depth issues period. Especially if the local schools are in Miami. We should always be able to land the Leonard Myers, Carlos Jones, PBuck, DVD and other local talent. Not getting the elite every year isn't acceptable but not getting serviceable db's is a fkn crime.

Advertisement
sign 5 CBs in 1 class & you'll still deal with the same attrition. This issue is a result of 5 years of recruiting inefficiencies & a lack of roster management.

also lol at the thought of Rumph signing 5 legitimate players

We're definitely gonna look into the portal for a grad transfer CB, and I'll assume M. Brown is still our top target, but I'd definitely start getting in heavy contact with fsu commits knowles & cooper to gauge possibility for flips and go from there. No matter what happens pertaining to who we land I think Rumph's time is over.

Advertisement
IMO.. need one more FR (brown)... and i would openly boldly offer next years starting spot to any grad transfer / or transfer they would allow to play immediately.....

I've watched this "Send Rumph home" train roll on szn after szn and I've mostly kept quiet about it, generally due to our pass DEF annually ranking in the Top 10 (what can I say, I strongly believe that #s don't lie). But.....I think I've reached a breaking point. I do believe that for whatever reason, Coach Rumph does not fit into the SoFLA CB recruiting scene, which baffles me, I mean, he IS Miami Football. My thought is that the games being played by the "so called" mid 3 star/low 4 star CB recruits leaves a bad taste in Rumph's mouth and he refuses to treat them like divas (how you'd treat a 5* player etc). So he allows them to be taken by the Nebraska's and UCFs and Wisconsins and Louisville's of the world.....(no shame in losing battles to the UGAs/Bamas/Auburns etc). In my opinion, that's why he needs a change of scenery....our CB depth is sitting on those 4 teams rosters (could throw in Syracuse as well). I think Rumph will be a better NFL coach than college coach, simply due to the recruiting aspect of the college game.

Go FULL SCALE after Corey Raymond as the D Coor and let him do what he wants with the only exception being that Banda stays as Co DEF coordinator along with him. That keeps our #1 DEF recruiter on staff, and will ABSOLUTELY fix our CB recruiting woes, because Raymond generally gets who he wants, and is not afraid to start Freshman in his room, which I believe will translate to Freshman coming in at Miami and starting from the jump if they've got it. I think if a Freshman is 5% better than a Junior, you play the Freshman every time. I think playing it safe is saying he didn't OVERWHELMING beat out the Junior so the Junior "deserves" to keep his job, plus he knows the DEF scheme inside and out. No no no, that's the opposite of winning football, that's like playing scared, or playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

All in all, yeah love my guy Coach Rumph....but it's time to open door #2 on CB coach....I for one have seen enough.

Advertisement
I've watched this "Send Rumph home" train roll on szn after szn and I've mostly kept quiet about it, generally due to our pass DEF annually ranking in the Top 10 (what can I say, I strongly believe that #s don't lie). But.....I think I've reached a breaking point. I do believe that for whatever reason, Coach Rumph does not fit into the SoFLA CB recruiting scene, which baffles me, I mean, he IS Miami Football. My thought is that the games being played by the "so called" mid 3 star/low 4 star CB recruits leaves a bad taste in Rumph's mouth and he refuses to treat them like divas (how you'd treat a 5* player etc). So he allows them to be taken by the Nebraska's and UCFs and Wisconsins and Louisville's of the world.....(no shame in losing battles to the UGAs/Bamas/Auburns etc). In my opinion, that's why he needs a change of scenery....our CB depth is sitting on those 4 teams rosters (could throw in Syracuse as well). I think Rumph will be a better NFL coach than college coach, simply due to the recruiting aspect of the college game.

Go FULL SCALE after Corey Raymond as the D Coor and let him do what he wants with the only exception being that Banda stays as Co DEF coordinator along with him. That keeps our #1 DEF recruiter on staff, and will ABSOLUTELY fix our CB recruiting woes, because Raymond generally gets who he wants, and is not afraid to start Freshman in his room, which I believe will translate to Freshman coming in at Miami and starting from the jump if they've got it. I think if a Freshman is 5% better than a Junior, you play the Freshman every time. I think playing it safe is saying he didn't OVERWHELMING beat out the Junior so the Junior "deserves" to keep his job, plus he knows the DEF scheme inside and out. No no no, that's the opposite of winning football, that's like playing scared, or playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

All in all, yeah love my guy Coach Rumph....but it's time to open door #2 on CB coach....I for one have seen enough.
Do you think we can land a guy like Raymond? I have been thinking about that a lot. Would love him here, but would he come here?

First off. Raymond doesn’t fix all of our issues. He still won’t go head up on bama Georgia and LSU for prospects. There’s other factors at play. And secondly you don’t think he’s been offered DC positions at schools just as good as us in the past? Don’t be naive. He seems perfectly happy coaching DBs and coaching the best ones in the country. He’s a legend at his current spot. Why give that up

Advertisement
Back