I think we can admit Manny did the right thing

Bird4um

Sophomore
Premium
Last off season with Enos. And with the transfer portal. Let’s see what he does here. We are snake bit with Golden and Richt and not making changes. Manny has a month. Bowl game and recruiting class. Then we see. I would say he is 1-0 for off seasons.

as for changing head coach I don’t see that happening.

Advertisement
Last off season with Enos. And with the transfer portal. Let’s see what he does here. We are snake bit with Golden and Richt and not making changes. Manny has a month. Bowl game and recruiting class. Then we see. I would say he is 1-0 for off seasons.

Manny won't be let go for now but if he doesn't do something about the D then it will cost him like Golden and Richt.... At this point you could let Baker go now and the hit would be minimal considering he doesn't seem to do much anyway... If Manny is willing to hire a new DC and give him full control (Debatable) then let him sort through the rest of the D staff... Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out...

as for changinas g head coach I don’t see that happening.
Having to resort to the portal is a sign of desperation. You build a program through recruiting.

And don't start with throwing all of this at the feet of Richt. Manny was A BIG PART of that staff and is responsible for pretty much every recruited player on that CURRENT defense.

This problem goes way past Richt and Manny. I'll say it again, they are just symptoms. Guys that never should have been hired here as head coaches.

Having to resort to the portal is a sign of desperation. You build a program through recruiting.

And don't start with throwing all of this at the feet of Richt. Manny was A BIG PART of that staff and is responsible for pretty much every recruited player on that CURRENT defense.

This problem goes way past Richt and Manny. I'll say it again, they are just symptoms. Guys that never should have been hired here as head coaches.

Nothing desperate about getting your team better through the portal

It was easy for manure to fire pEnos. He had 0 ties to him or anyone on that side of the ball. Every single person on the Defensive staph is his friend.

Advertisement
He would have to fire his buddies (Baker, Patke, Banda). And totally change his mindset with how he runs a program (no more gimmicks and bull**** hype).

He might get rid of Baker and maybe Rumph but I doubt he’ll bring anyone in who runs something different than what he does, schematically

And the gimmicks and hype is what Manny hangs his recruiting hat on and kids like it so i doubt Manny will change that.

So we’re prob ****ed

Manure did all those right things in the off-season and still produced the biggest embarrassment in UM football history yesterday. He’s a loser no matter who he brings in here. A loser will find a way to lose. Manure finds a way to lose spectacularly.

Advertisement
He would have to fire his buddies (Baker, Patke, Banda). And totally change his mindset with how he runs a program (no more gimmicks and bull**** hype).

He might get rid of Baker and maybe Rumph but I doubt he’ll bring anyone in who runs something different than what he does, schematically

And the gimmicks and hype is what Manny hangs his recruiting hate on and kids like it so i doubt Manny will change that.

So we’re prob ****ed
So he would have to become a completely different guy?

a bit snake bitten with golden and richt?

golden came here in 2011. our problems are manny’s problems. talkimbout prior guys is all excuse for manny. eff that. we aren’t snake bit by no golden crap. we’re snake bit by an admin that hires terrible coaches for the wrong reasons.

Advertisement
Manure did all those right things in the off-season and still produced the biggest embarrassment in UM football history yesterday. He’s a loser no matter who he brings in here. A loser will find a way to lose. Manure finds a way to lose spectacularly.
Those changes also brought us 8 wins... I understand what you're saying but you still have to give him credit as well. Without King and our Kicker. We might be where fsu is at.

He needs to dump his defensive philosophy amd hire the best DC available not just a guy that runs mannys defense

From when Manny got hired as HC and dismissed the offensive staff -

“There has to be accountability,” Diaz said. “The University of Miami cannot rank second to last [among power five schools] in anything. You can’t turn around and say we demand this of you as a player and then if you don’t do it, there will be consequences. As coaches, we know this is the case.”

Advertisement
Nothing desperate about getting your team better through the portal
Absolutely. In today’s environment you can make significant upgrades with 2-3 portal players. And that is what Miami is intending to do this year with the portal. 21 HS kids, 3 portal players.

LSU, Oklahoma, and Ohio State all went to the playoffs on the back of Transfer QB's. Pretty sure that group of 3 schools will end up 4 for 4 on QB's drafted top 5 once Justin Fields graduates. Portal guys are the reason we even had something to cheer about this year, not the issue. I've said it before, and it still rains true...the almighty cRiMsON TiDE are taking in JUCO and transfers too. You can't build your program like that...but taking some key rental guys is not, and never will be a bad thing.

LSU, Oklahoma, and Ohio State all went to the playoffs on the back of Transfer QB's. Pretty sure that group of 3 schools will end up 4 for 4 on QB's drafted top 5 once Justin Fields graduates. Portal guys are the reason we even had something to cheer about this year, not the issue. I've said it before, and it still rains true...the almighty cRiMsON TiDE are taking in JUCO and transfers too. You can't build your program like that...but taking some key rental guys is not, and never will be a bad thing.

Who said taking them was bad?

I said having to depend on them to basically buoy your team is a sign of a MUCH bigger failure.

a bit snake bitten with golden and richt?

golden came here in 2011. our problems are manny’s problems. talkimbout prior guys is all excuse for manny. eff that. we aren’t snake bit by no golden crap. we’re snake bit by an admin that hires terrible coaches for the wrong reasons.
I was in reference to firing friends.
As far as AD to head coach you could be right too.

Advertisement
Back