I think TVD has started his last game here.

Advertisement
Just don't see throwing Emory out there on the road against a top 5 team ... I know it's been done before ... split reps this week and prepare them both
Emory was decent enough to beat a Top 5 Clemson Defense, which is miles better than FSU’s. He got better as that game went on and made some key throws. Playing him gives you a 20% chance to win. Playing TVD gives you a 0% chance.

So we bring in the new guy and we ruin him the way we've ruined every qb since Brock Berlin. No quarterback ever seems to develop and progress. TVD was amazing his freshman year when we let him air it out. His best games last year were when we let him air it out. Then Mario Coker said don't get used to that. That's not our offense. Well that's what you get for not playing to your player's strength.

I don’t have the elite expertise in football that I have in baseball, but I don’t look down on Emory the way a lot of people around here do. When he has been in the game he has shown energy and game awareness that seems to inspire the guys around him.

No, he doesn’t have the measurables of a Jayden Daniels or Caleb Williams, but those measurables in TVD sure aren’t getting the job done. A QB’s role is as much mental as it is physical. Maybe more.

Advertisement
So we bring in the new guy and we ruin him the way we've ruined every qb since Brock Berlin. No quarterback ever seems to develop and progress. TVD was amazing his freshman year when we let him air it out. His best games last year were when we let him air it out. Then Mario Coker said don't get used to that. That's not our offense. Well that's what you get for not playing to your player's strength.
Aside from Stephen Morris and Brad Kaaya, every QB since Brock Berlin has been god awful, irrespective of coaching.

The best way to have a good QB is to sign him in recruiting.

He sucked. But the whole offense sucked tonight. Receivers couldn't get win 1-on-1. Offensive line couldn't get us a yard on 4th-and-1. Crucial missed FG. Even Mauigoa got beat bad on the strip sack.

Emory wouldn't have elevated anything. He might not have committed the two turnovers though. Think it's time to role with the young guy.

And again, hit the portal this offseason. It's a requirement..
Nope, that wasn’t on FM. If Van Pick had any pocket awareness, he steps up in the pocket and FM continues to push the de right past him. But he stands there like a statue

Anyone one catch last week's presser where Dawson talked about 'sticking with guys and letting them work through their problems?'
Don't hold your breath for a change.

OT: Watching Dolphin debacle, and even worst is listening to Jason McCourty. His voice and annunciation, generally, make me want to rip my ears off😠. Dude just said 'penetwator' and I'm not lying

Last edited:
I don’t have the elite expertise in football that I have in baseball, but I don’t look down on Emory the way a lot of people around here do. When he has been in the game he has shown energy and game awareness that seems to inspire the guys around him.

No, he doesn’t have the measurables of a Jayden Daniels or Caleb Williams, but those measurables in TVD sure aren’t getting the job done. A QB’s role is as much mental as it is physical. Maybe more.
And the team wants to play for EW at least. Week by week, TVDs play has drained the team of its energy/vitality.

Advertisement
Emory was decent enough to beat a Top 5 Clemson Defense, which is miles better than FSU’s. He got better as that game went on and made some key throws. Playing him gives you a 20% chance to win. Playing TVD gives you a 0% chance.
my only push back is that it was at home

Advertisement
Back