I Think This Butch Talk Is Bull

252cane

All-ACC
I think this admin is leaking this butch stuff out to people to make the fans excited and keep them off of there back.

They are doing interviews with barry jackson openly talking about butch but not about any other potential candidate. If butch truly had backing why did they go after shula and not butch? He isn't coaching anywhere and shula still has a whole half of a season.

I believe they are just giving fans what they want to hear while they try to hire someone else. All i'm going to say is all the butch or bust people, you better be prepared because he isn't coming back.

Advertisement
I think this admin is leaking this butch stuff out to people to make the fans excited and keep them off of there back.

They are doing interviews with barry jackson openly talking about butch but not about any other potential candidate. If butch truly had backing why did they go after shula and not butch? He isn't coaching anywhere and shula still has a whole half of a season.

I believe they are just giving fans what they want to hear while they try to hire someone else. All i'm going to say is all the butch or bust people, you better be prepared because he isn't coming back.

They didn't "go after" Shula. They just tested the waters like they may have done with many coaches. We only know they spoke to Shula because they let us know. How do you know there haven't been talks with Butch?

Idk but the only people with credibility on this site say Butch has got the backing from some big time BOT members and I'm good with that

Advertisement
reaching out to Shula gauging interest is very different from offering him the job......

I think it is all bullchit. Unless you're directly speaking to Epstein or maybe two others, you don't know and are flinging chit.

Agreed. When have you ever seen a school comment on a prospective target like they've done with butch. That herald article was put out there for a reason. he ain't coming

Advertisement

have you read Barry Jackson's articles? He's mentioned a bunch of other guys besides butch

have you read Barry Jackson's articles? He's mentioned a bunch of other guys besides butch

I'm talking about bot members and boosters he has quotes from. None of them have spoke openly about other coaches as much as butch.

you expect them administration to just give him the job no strings attached ? I'm all for Butch but I still want them to interview other candidates to see who has the best vision for this team moving forward .

And i understand other guys have jobs but schiano has been named as a candidate and he doesn't have a job yet you here nothing. Not that i want schiano anyway.

Advertisement

I'm talking about bot members and boosters he has quotes from. None of them have spoke openly about other coaches as much as butch.

Which is why he is coming, think about it. U really think if they had zero intent on hiring him, they would feed this stuff to get out to a fan base screaming for this; only to not hire him? LULZ, that's like kicking a pit bull over and over and then the owner let's him off his leash. They would be asking for it.
These people are not dumb, if they had no intention on hiring Butch, they wouldn't say anything about him at all.

Fantastic post.

Advertisement
We are talking about the same admin who extended Coker, brought in randy, extended randy, fired randy, same with AG.

THERE IS NO WAY WE HIRE BUTCH. Cmon guys...

Well get some poor shlub like Dummervile, Shula, Babers, or Cuban Al.

This isn't no shot a guys like dmoney or geo and i know y'all are just telling what you are hearing but it's just what i believe. The **** just starting to seem odd.

Don't think it's going to be Butch and it pizzes me off completely. This is starting to smell like the Shannon hire. They put out all the BS about Butch because they know we want him......but I think the hire's already been made. They are just waiting for whenever Bama's season ends.

I am beyond disgusted. SOS. All sorts of great names being thrown around and we will get the cheapest, laziest hire available: A guy who couldn't win at FIU, couldn't get along with an AD of his own background, is considered incompetent by Tide fans, and will continue our 15 year tradition of chitty football.

Sometimes I think this bunch of trust fund baby douches sit in their boardrooms and laugh while they tease us with the prospect of someone like Herman (or rehiring Butch), or in the Shannon hire fiasco, Gruden. They obviously think we are scum and a bunch of idiots. Obviously they don't give even a final **** about what WE think.

Last edited:
We are talking about the same admin who extended Coker, brought in randy, extended randy, fired randy, same with AG.

THERE IS NO WAY WE HIRE BUTCH. Cmon guys...

Well get some poor shlub like Dummervile, Shula, Babers, or Cuban Al.

We could be so lucky to hire Babers.
Not sure who you want to be the next HC, but Babers is doing well and his style of offense would
kill at UM.

Advertisement
Back