I think Richt wants a dual-threat QB

I'd like Evan Shirreffs to be our QB next season if Kaaya leaves, just dont know how well he has progressed compared to Allison, Rosier

Advertisement
I want my girlfriend's *** to stay in its current form. She is, however, a latina.

We all have to make our adjustments to maximize the good and bad of what we have available.

We'll see how Richt continues to adjust. He's already shown a willingness in these 3 games.

Interestingly, is Shockley the only real dual threat guy Richt had at georgia? And, he inherited him, no?

Every other subsequent signee has been a pocket passer, no?

Advertisement
I want my girlfriend's *** to stay in its current form. She is, however, a latina.

We all have to make our adjustments to maximize the good and bad of what we have available.

or find a new g/f.

Or, teach her about nutrition and working out. Point is Kaaya is our QB now and likely next year. In these 3 games, Richt has adjusted a whole bunch. One step behind so far, but he's adjusted and at least we've got that. Now, he has to come up with something to maximize what he has available to him.

like he did at UGA. I can't remember a dual threat QB under Richt since Ward at FSU. I may have missed 1 at UGA, but most of his QB's have been pocket QB's.

Shockley was a good athlete . I'd consider him dual threat

like he did at UGA. I can't remember a dual threat QB under Richt since Ward at FSU. I may have missed 1 at UGA, but most of his QB's have been pocket QB's.

Watch Aaron Murray and Matthew Staffords highlight at UGA. They were running design Qb draws. I think yhe only non dual threat he had at UGA was David Green.

Watch Aaron Murray and Matthew Staffords highlight at UGA. They were running design Qb draws. I think yhe only non dual threat he had at UGA was David Green.

Murray was a good athlete , moved around well. You don't need to be Vick, somebody with A Rodgers kind of mobility breaks defenses backs. Just the threat makes a huge difference.

Advertisement
Murray and Stafford were not dual threat guys, jeez.

Were they good athletes? Yeah, but let's not kid ourselves - they were pocket passers.

Did Richt sign any dual threat guys at Georgia (Shockley doesn't count).

Were they good athletes? Yeah, but let's not kid ourselves - they were pocket passers.

Why doesn't Shockley count?

UGA's new incoming head coach in 2001, Mark Richt, made Shockley a priority recruit, and he is generally regarded as Richt's first official recruit at Georgia.
Richt ultimately chose redshirt freshman David Greene to be the starting quarterback for the Bulldogs in 2001, while Shockley was redshirted. Greene went on to set the NCAA record for wins as a starting quarterback in a career, but over the course of those four years, Shockley did see some playing time in a modified dual-quarterback system.

Advertisement

Why doesn't Shockley count?

UGA's new incoming head coach in 2001, Mark Richt, made Shockley a priority recruit, and he is generally regarded as Richt's first official recruit at Georgia.
Richt ultimately chose redshirt freshman David Greene to be the starting quarterback for the Bulldogs in 2001, while Shockley was redshirted. Greene went on to set the NCAA record for wins as a starting quarterback in a career, but over the course of those four years, Shockley did see some playing time in a modified dual-quarterback system.

He most certainly counts . He started his last year and had 24 td passes . Split time with Greene until ultimately won the job

Richt's first QB recruit at UGA was DJ Shockley. He redshirted his first year behind David Greene and then split time with Greene the next three years. He took over in 2005 and led UGA to an SEC championship and was named SEC Championship Game MVP & Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award finalist.

Interestingly, is Shockley the only real dual threat guy Richt had at georgia? And, he inherited him, no?

Shockley was his first recruit.

After him, he got 5-star pocket QBs (Stafford, Murray). There will always be a place for an elite pocket QB.

But look at Bama. Saban has had pocket QBs forever, and now he has a true freshman dual-threat QB that ran off a 5-star pocket passer who had a redshirt year. Plus they have the top dual-threat QB in the nation committed.

The times, they are a changin'.

Advertisement

Shockley was his first recruit.

After him, he got 5-star pocket QBs (Stafford, Murray). There will always be a place for an elite pocket QB.

But look at Bama. Saban has had pocket QBs forever, and now he has a true freshman dual-threat QB that ran off a 5-star pocket passer who had a redshirt year. Plus they have the top dual-threat QB in the nation committed.

The times, they are a changin'.

Dual threat, Pocket Passer....it's not the point. You need a QB that can extend plays and not fall down because a guy touched his shoe lace. Kaaya just has horrendous feet....it's impossible to be efficient. That's why he sucks in obvious passing downs when teams bring pressure. It's why we suck on third down, why we suck when we are behind.

I think the Shockley thing is arguable. The guy was already being recruited by the previous regime and was widely already considered the best player in the state of Georgia. His desire to have a dual threat guy is inconsistent with the type of QB he recruited at georgia.

I think the Shockley thing is arguable. The guy was already being recruited by the previous regime and was widely already considered the best player in the state of Georgia. His desire to have a dual threat guy is inconsistent with the type of QB he recruited at georgia.

Like I said, things change. Just look who we're recruiting right now. Perry is at the top of his board for this year, and we're hot on Casey Thompson and Adrian Martinez for 2018. That doesn't mean pocket QBs won't be recruited, but I think Richt likes the idea of adding the QB run to an offense. Maybe watching Bama suffocate his offense last year was a wake-up call.

Advertisement
Back