(I think Manny should hire) Telly Lockette

Advertisement
Really struggling to understand how all of you think the athletic department has all this money that they just don't want to use. Do you understand the difference between a public school and a private school?

Everyone's screaming why we haven't hired Highsmith. Maybe it's because we need to find an extra few hundred thousand dollars a year for a position we were paying a D-line coach to do.

because if Miami doesn’t have the money, fans would have to change expectations. We all know that aint happening. Title #6 or GTFO! Now let’s hire another guy without HC experience!

Who is we? You and your little helper monkey?
I think you seriously don’t have an understanding of how and how much these guys get paid. Signing Telly isn’t a bank breaker. I know him personally from his times at Miami.
Now if you’re talking about hiring a serious coordinator that would cost 2M+ then I’d understand your weak attempts at having a sense a humor in regards to how much money the school has.

Fire Jesse Stone to make room

Stone and Parker were both fired back on Jan 8th. Lashlee brought 2 of his own offensive analysts

Other than that, are you crazy? Are you suggesting the Lashlee make a position for Lockette as one of his analysts for recruiting purposes when he has never worked in Lashlee's offensive system?

Wasn't Lockette just let go from FSU? Apparently Norvell didn't think his recruiting could overcome his coaching ability either and FSU needs to dip down into S FL to recruit just like everybody else.

Lockette would be a nice addition to this staff, but not as one of Lashlee's offensive analysts. Another thing you don't think about is that Miami gets victimized by the haterade by all of the S FL HS coaches (like Luke) when he eventually gets let go by this coaching staff or another. It is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. I would go ahead and bring him or another very popular HS coach in Dade in, but we need to make sure it is a long term position he can handle without getting fired.

Another thing, if AH is indeed interested in bringing in someone like Ed Reed (which has been rumored) wouldn't that suffice for more assistance in recruiting.

Last edited:
Stone and Parker were both fired back on Jan 8th. Lashlee brought 2 of his own offensive analysts
I liked Jesse but **** if he got fired .. naw let him chill.. he walked away may do it again for NFL

Advertisement
Really struggling to understand how all of you think the athletic department has all this money that they just don't want to use. Do you understand the difference between a public school and a private school?

Everyone's screaming why we haven't hired Highsmith. Maybe it's because we need to find an extra few hundred thousand dollars a year for a position we were paying a D-line coach to do.

Precisely why a BoT member agreed to pay Highsmith's several hundred thousands of dollars per year salary—should he get hired.

That is literally the position Miami is in financially in comparison to other state schools—and programs with bigger boosters / more alum writing fat checks.

I think you seriously don’t have an understanding of how and how much these guys get paid. Signing Telly isn’t a bank breaker. I know him personally from his times at Miami.
Now if you’re talking about hiring a serious coordinator that would cost 2M+ then I’d understand your weak attempts at having a sense a humor in regards to how much money the school has.

I think he was poking at the fact you said "we". Most non canes fans get bothered we refer to our team as we.

Advertisement
Back