I think I'm changing my stance on the Alexander situation

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
I've posted a few times that I didn't think it was worth it to offer Mackenro in order to get Mackensie because of the small class, but I think my opinion on that has changed.

With the commitments of Carter and Burns this week, I still think we could use another safety in the class and one elite corner (if he wanted in). Since VH3 is off the table and Robinson is a long shot, Mackensie is the only one of these top-level corners there is still a legit chance with. It has been well-known that the two brothers want to try to play together, but Mackenro doesn't have an offer from Miami, even though Mackensie is still considering the Canes.

My thinking on this is the following: If they offer Mackenro the chances for both of them obviously skyrocket. Now let's say they both pick Miami. That would fill the need for another safety in the class and the elite corner so they would kill 2 birds with one stone. I have also posted that I wasn't sure if Mackenro was Miami material, but after talking to a few people, they think he is much better than people give him credit for. It wouldn't be as much of a risk as it would have been, let's say, a month ago, because there are now two big safety commits.

Advertisement
I've posted a few times that I didn't think it was worth it to offer Mackenro in order to get Mackensie because of the small class, but I think my opinion on that has changed.

With the commitments of Carter and Burns this week, I still think we could use another safety in the class and one elite corner (if he wanted in). Since VH3 is off the table and Robinson is a long shot, Mackensie is the only one of these top-level corners there is still a legit chance with. It has been well-known that the two brothers want to try to play together, but Mackenro doesn't have an offer from Miami, even though Mackensie is still considering the Canes.

My thinking on this is the following: If they offer Mackenro the chances for both of them obviously skyrocket. Now let's say they both pick Miami. That would fill the need for another safety in the class and the elite corner so they would kill 2 birds with one stone. I have also posted that I wasn't sure if Mackenro was Miami material, but after talking to a few people, they think he is much better than people give him credit for. It wouldn't be as much of a risk as it would have been, let's say, a month ago, because there are now two big safety commits.

I've been saying this for a very long time...Mackenro is much more than package deal bait. At the very least he's a stud special teamer and situational LB/S.

Advertisement
Pete A..... What are the odds off completing the Immokalee High trifecta with the Alexander boys & Deadrin Senat.........

Get both Alexanders on board. We lost Witt, that opens up another spot, take the Mackenzie is worth taking a chance on his brother.

Advertisement
I'm with you there Pete, this isn't like the Keith Brown situation last year where his brother would be lucky to make the punt coverage team at Miami, Mackenroe is the real deal.

Fill our other needs first and see if we have an extra ship for the brother

I'd rather focus on getting a better S than another CB and mediocre S package deal wasting ships

We took a huge CB haul last year

Advertisement
I read somewhere that Mackenzie likes, in a weird way, that we're not like every school that is recruting his brother to get at him. I think we can offer Mackenro, but we need to make it look legit, like we really want him and this isn't a play at his brother.

I read somewhere that Mackenzie likes, in a weird way, that we're not like every school that is recruting his brother to get at him. I think we can offer Mackenro, but we need to make it look legit, like we really want him and this isn't a play at his brother.

Yep

Fill our other needs first and see if we have an extra ship for the brother

I'd rather focus on getting a better S than another CB and mediocre S package deal wasting ships

We took a huge CB haul last year
That and the fact that we still have holes all over this roster. With Dillard not qualifying we may still need another RB. We need more OL, we need a true pass rusher plus DEs in general. With Witt being gone we may need another LB to go with the two we projected to take. If Mackerno steps up and earns an offer in the eyes of the coaches then fine, but only if he is worthy not because it helps us with McKensie. I say this once again, this isn't so much the case because of our limited ships as much as it is a combo of that and rebuilding a balanced roster as a whole.

Advertisement
With Witt and Ray Ray gone, we have two open scholarships for this year so why not offer Mackerno.

Advertisement
Back