"I stand with The U" Chant

DHucks

Popping popcorn.......
Not sure how this will go with some of you guys, but I will throw it out there and see what you think.

If you have ever watched a Kansas Jayhawk basketball game, toward the end especially in victory, they do this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4TyQTJIa3Y&feature=youtube_gdata_

The words are simple.

Rock
Chalk
Jayhawk
KU

They drag out each as you can tell, and it sounds epic. Gives me goosebumps personally.

We are The U obviously. We tend to set our own trends, so following KU I'm sure won't set well with probably most of you. But hear me out.

With Al's triumphant message about who stands with The U and who doesn't, it got me thinking. I came up with....

I stand.
You stand?
With the,
U!

Dragging out "you" and "U" the same way we chant Duke when he is breaking ankles and running people over.

Could you imagine Sun Life sold out this season, with every fan chanting that over and over under two minutes as victory is apparent against UF? And at the "U" part everyone throwing up The U. I get goosebumps thinking about it.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't see anyone on our board wanting to you that phrase as we aren't big fans of the suppose creator. Also why not "It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!" chant?

Last edited:
That chant is cool don't get me wrong, just was thinking about something new.

Advertisement
Kind of the point of my thinking. I've heard many teams do that.

I think only KU, the Utes, and us could pull this off.

Advertisement
Who's the presumed creator?

I am not going to say his name. I won't give him the press.

Mentioning his name on a message board is "press" now?

yes and I wont mention it. Why would you want to change our chant so bad? and why would you want to change it to something that doesn't roll? ISWTU was a good twitter campaign for what was going on at the time but isn't something we should build into our tradition.

I'm going off of Golden, not who started the twitter campaign.

And the "It's great to be" isn't ours.

Advertisement
If you want to start a chant then change it to something then maybe something with "It's all about the U"

Who's the presumed creator?

I am not going to say his name. I won't give him the press.

Mentioning his name on a message board is "press" now?

yes and I wont mention it. Why would you want to change our chant so bad? and why would you want to change it to something that doesn't roll? ISWTU was a good twitter campaign for what was going on at the time but isn't something we should build into our tradition.
Agreed. Good twitter slogan when we first we taking all of the NCAA heat but it is not something to chant. It isn't even intimidating so I definitely wouldn't want to chant it against the Gators

Advertisement

ISWTU isn't a Golden thing...

Never said he did. Golden made mention of who does, and does or did not stand with The U, during National Signing Day. It's in homage to him, the team, future and past players, and most importantly us.

The question in the chant is to those outside of The U, while reminding them where we stand.

Never said he did. Golden made mention of who does, and does or did not stand with The U, during National Signing Day. It's in homage to him, the team, future and past players, and most importantly us.

The question in the chant is to those outside of The U, while reminding them where we stand.

It's all about the U

u really thought posting in a forum would start a chant? not to mention it sucks

Your input sucks. You haven't added, or even think about adding to The U do you? At least I'm trying.

Opinion is heard though.

It's all about the U

That could work actually.

It's
All
About
The
U

Again, stretched where necessary. All at once, and slowly. The "U" part sounding like the Duke chant.

Advertisement
Back