I spoke with a current player.

Not mad. Just sick and tired of UM Head Coaches, Admins - whoever taking turns doing some of the most stupid siht possible. If it's not a D'Onofrio idiot as a DC - it's a dumbass Gattis as an OC - or Head Coaches who have all the answers - have their own vision of what we should be - and can't for the life of anyone - take a look at what won us our titles in the past.

I don't know why in Hades we pick coaches that feel the need to each time - reinvent the wheel!

Dumbasses DO learn from their mistakes. Half-wits learn from the mistakes of others.

Yeah - Mario's a dumbass for holding onto a non-productive OC. And it's going to take him much, much longer to get to winning as he's got to do something we've never done. Pro spread. How about something we can do now - and begin a transition?

If you're Head Painter is color blind - you're a dumbass.
I’ve said Mario will be like golden if he can’t Stray from his way of playing offense. The offenses that win now are uptempo and he wasn’t to work at a snails pace and run it 45 times a game

Advertisement
Players can’t communicate with the oc because the players dont speak ****** . We would be better promoting a qb coach then keeping our current oc . Run run two yard pas will be hard to live up to.

Sounds like you talked to someone on the offensive side… probably either Brantley or Dominic.

None the less it’s nice to know the kids inside know that their is quality changes happening… pretty bad that they he knew (or thinks) that manny wins more games this season but the long game it wouldn’t have worked out.

Advertisement
The head guy needs to be strict. He's gotta be able to enforce standards. It's the people below him that need to be super approachable and know what motivates his guys. If the guys under him can't get the kids to act right, that's the problem. The head coach will get most of the praise or criticism, but it's the position coaches and coordinators that'll make or break group morale, day to day ops, and unit cohesion.

Again it was obvious these kids couldn’t understand a D-I playbook that evolved each week to different teams and game plan.

I can really imagine the huddle when a play is called with ? marks all over they place then comes a check off , it’s like forgetting the snap count .

Most of these kids relied on the athletic skills in HS to make up for weakness between the ears to execute any field presence or play evolution as player’s view opponent before the snap.

I’m telling you all this weakness between the ears holds everyone back in practice game planning having to breakout crayons and walk throughs constantly , it actually becomes boring and turns off intensity needed at practice as game-day approaches.

I can imagine Gratis IC telling Mario are you seeing what I’m seeing, WE CANNOT GAME PLAN they have no Idea they need special ED they never studied on there own they just show up , ok we’re here let’s play with no idea how to play D-I .

Anyway, I knew it ( truth) would show , I saw this in our first series against D-I competition that we weren’t.

Read again what this player and very few here experienced watching all this unfold.

We had D-III / HS mindset children that ran fast that’s it .

We’ll it’s all history, be happy in it 🙌

GOCANES

Advertisement
Thanks for the info! Not sure how to feel about the offensive topics mentioned. If you can't communicate well and properly as an OC then that just may be an issue. I'm no offensive guru but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn.
It had to be the same thing with the defense. Look at all the busts in coverage and miscommunication issues. Should have been an easy fix. Lasted the entire season. That explains why Miami looked so inept. Players were lost mentally causing poor execution.

I hate hearing that our OC cant “connect” with the players.
They had no idea what a playbook was, the player told us clearly as I did countless times .

Gratis must have struggled greatly trying to get these kids to study on there own this ignorance hampers the other teams having to vanilla everything constantly.

Now we all know how it was as I tried to share we have huge between the ear’s issues

GOCANES

The head guy needs to be strict. He's gotta be able to enforce standards. It's the people below him that need to be super approachable and know what motivates his guys. If the guys under him can't get the kids to act right, that's the problem. The head coach will get most of the praise or criticism, but it's the position coaches and coordinators that'll make or break group morale, day to day ops, and unit cohesion.
My opinion Mario needs to be more strict (discipline). Example James Williams in the Clemson game. Drills a guy 10 yards out of bounds and Mario yells at him from across the field but leaves him in the game. He should have sat the rest of the half at a minimum.

Advertisement
So, do the posters of CIS think this is a normal type transition from what we've heard to be a "player's coach/best friend" like Manny to a more strict disciplinarian coach like Mario seems to be? I have ZERO inside information or sources. Absolutely none. All I can pull from is my personal time in the military, both in basic and in SMU (Special Mission Units) type units, and it sounds very similar to what you have described. When we first arrived the drill sergeants hounded us relentlessly. It didn't matter what happened everyone was getting punished and it was usually physical in nature ( a smoking to those who are familiar or who may have served). Some people didn't make it. But, once we were there for a while the drills backed off as we began to learn what was expected of us and leaders began to emerge and took charge within the trainee ranks. We began to police ourselves and put in the necessary work to perform or accomplish whatever task was assigned to us. Like it seems you explained in your post, we also had individuals who just couldn't seem to "pick up" the material no matter how dumbed downed (Barney styled) they presented it.

Again, this is not an apples to apples comparison but it seems to be relatable? There were drill sergeants (coaches in this scenario) that could explain everything down to the level of the lowest common denominator (dumb asses) and those that couldn't. Didn't mean they were terrible at their jobs but more simply that maybe they were best suited in another role. There were also trainees that no matter how hard the drills tried or pushed, they just weren't going to be able to keep up or assimilate. Individuals (trainees, aka players) who by natural ability, or learned ability, eventually came to the front and set the standard that the rest would follow. Is this maybe part of what is being experienced now? Again, I have no idea of the day to day within the program.

Note: I think Gattis should be gone because his scheme doesn't seem to fit and he does not seem to be able to scheme around deficient position groups or call plays in a way that sets up plays for later on in the game. And the recruiting from what we know or have been told by CIS is less than average. Plus, from what we hear, he's an *******. I guess time will tell on this matter.....

I will now prepare myself to annihilated by CIS... LOL
I was out in Benning first, followed by Bragg. Just may have run into each other in the world. Which part of MD are you in? I moved to Alexandria (Old Town) earlier in the year after being promoted to a GM role supporting a particular government. Let's just say my experience with them from a field environment to a office environment is night and day.

Advertisement
I hope people on CIS realize that elite recruits that want to be millionaires thrive off the "drill sergeant" approach and welcome it
And then get to the NFL and call their head coach by their first name, smoke cigarettes and drink at half time, and groan at any contact period.

I was out in Benning first, followed by Bragg. Just may have run into each other in the world. Which part of MD are you in? I moved to Alexandria (Old Town) earlier in the year after being promoted to a GM role supporting a particular government. Let's just say my experience with them from a field environment to a office environment is night and day.
I was at Ft. Meade until July. I now live and work in Germany.

Advertisement
Back