I said that Manny needed to fire Blake after the UNC game and take over...

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Manny pulled a Golden. At least since the morning of December 13th.

As I, and some others, said after the UNC debacle:
  • Manny desperately NEEDS to win this bowl game. It's imperative.
  • In order to ensure that we have the best chance at winning, he needs to fire Blake and become his own DC.
  • We said that if he didn't do this, he has a very real chance of losing this bowl game.
Now, because of his inaction, the following is true and/or is/will happening:
  • Manny has taken away any margin for his own security that he had built this season, after crapping the bed last season.
  • The good: Manny has shown that he is willing to make changes.
  • The bad: Manny takes TOO LONG to make necessary changes.
  • It's nice that Harley came on the 2nd half of the season, but it was an ENORMOUS mistake to not replace Wiggins and Pope with freshmen. We have the WR numbers, and if WR's are going to be inconsistent and lose games for us, there are literally no logical reasons for not playing the freshmen more. NONE.
  • UM's administration has an incredibly horrible tradition of shortsighted, numbskull decisions toward the football team, and in particular, the head coaching position.
  • Many had given up on Manny BEFORE this game. I am closer to that position, but I'm not there yet.
  • It's literally this simple: Manny MUST replace not only Blake, but the entire D staff. Just like when he should've replaced Blake after the UNC game, didn't, and we lost the game (a direct and concrete correlation).
  • Diaz will fail here as well and more than likely follow all the other coaches after Butch into career failure unless he fires Blake and hires a REAL DC and allows this new DC to run their D.
  • This is redundant, but to be clear, we need a complete overhaul of the D staff. None of them are elite and if they aren't quality, why are we putting up with them?
  • Manny must also demand that Lashlee work on his playcalling and utilization of his players. Also, a study of the plays which are most effective for moving the chains and keeping plays alive. We need to roll the pocket more. We need to actively use the TE's to keep drives alive and not just for pop plays. Think of the Money Ball approach. How do we get the yards and numbers necessary?
Anyhoo, there's a few ways this can go. What do I think Manny will do? I'm an optimist. One major flaw of his is waiting for the offseason to do the right thing. But, I do believe he will fire Blake and will go after a vet DC who will bring in his own staff.

And so, we wait...

Advertisement
- We all know Baker must go and so does Manny. But Baker is his good friend so he wasnt gonna drop him like a bad habit. Im sure Manny is trying to get him a job somewhere else first if possible. I have faith Manny will get him out though
- Rumph is done. 95% odds he is out
- Banda prob taking that utah state job if its still available
- Need a real LB coach as well

Agree on WR room. Trotting out Pope/Wiggins next year would just be a complete embarrassment. Was a failure to give them 100x chances when they showed no progress (except Harley whose now a baller). Manny needs to straight up tell them their spots are gone next year. Push them out if you have too.

- We all know Baker must go and so does Manny. But Baker is his good friend so he wasnt gonna drop him like a bad habit. Im sure Manny is trying to get him a job somewhere else first if possible. I have faith Manny will get him out though
- Rumph is done. 95% odds he is out
- Banda prob taking that utah state job if its still available
- Need a real LB coach as well

Agree on WR room. Trotting out Pope/Wiggins next year would just be a complete embarrassment. Was a failure to give them 100x chances when they showed no progress (except Harley whose now a baller). Manny needs to straight up tell them their spots are gone next year. Push them out if you have too.
Far too rational. I should ban you for making too much sense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back