I need help from this board to settle a dispute.

Advertisement
He's a DE essentially. Given spread sets used everywhere, the DE in the Viper position must have the skill sets and size to
  1. set the edge
  2. rush the qb
  3. taller guy to get into passing lanes
  4. athletic enough to drop back into coverage

I recently had a disagreement with Alan Rubenstein from Canes Warning regarding Romello Height and the position we are recruiting him for at UM. Mr. Rubenstein is very adamant that Height will be a LB here at UM. I told him that Height is an easy and quite natural projection to DE. I reasoned that a player who is currently 6'5" 216 lbs and is a natural pass rusher who has not even started his senior year of high school could very easily be 6'6" 240 by the time he enrolls at UM.

To me this is a no brainer yet Mr. Rubenstein continued to insist that his contacts at Inside the U and at the Sun Sentinel who both speak to the coaching staff say Height is coming to UM to be a LB. I told him that with all due respect to him, the Sun Sentinel and Inside the U, they are wrong.

Tell me what you think and what side of this debate you are on! I need some backup boys!

Tell your friend to go listen to StormSurge podcast and NMDtv on YouTube, Romello Height was on both of them pods and he talked about playing DE

Tell your friend to go listen to StormSurge podcast and NMDtv on YouTube, Romello Height was on both of them pods and he talked about playing DE

Just listened to stormsurge. They brought up Romello, Quentin Williams, and Chantz Williams playing OLB. Romello I understand but the Williams’ are prototypes for DE.

Advertisement
I recently had a disagreement with Alan Rubenstein from Canes Warning regarding Romello Height and the position we are recruiting him for at UM. Mr. Rubenstein is very adamant that Height will be a LB here at UM. I told him that Height is an easy and quite natural projection to DE. I reasoned that a player who is currently 6'5" 216 lbs and is a natural pass rusher who has not even started his senior year of high school could very easily be 6'6" 240 by the time he enrolls at UM.

To me this is a no brainer yet Mr. Rubenstein continued to insist that his contacts at Inside the U and at the Sun Sentinel who both speak to the coaching staff say Height is coming to UM to be a LB. I told him that with all due respect to him, the Sun Sentinel and Inside the U, they are wrong.

Tell me what you think and what side of this debate you are on! I need some backup boys!
You're looking in the wrong place for help. People on this board are only interested in the STRIKER position!

Advertisement
To be on the line he has to gain alot of weight and it will slow him down alot possibly.
Were not talking about taking a guy like Anthony Chickillo and turning him into a fire hydrant. With Romello, Rousseau and most young DE prospects we are talking about putting more good weight onto a frame that can carry it naturally. Romello Height going from 6'5" 215 to 6'6" 245 shouldn't affect him in a negative way rather it should make him more physical and allow him to perform more effectively.

Advertisement
Were not talking about taking a guy like Anthony Chickillo and turning him into a fire hydrant. With Romello, Rousseau and most young DE prospects we are talking about putting more good weight onto a frame that can carry it naturally. Romello Height going from 6'5" 215 to 6'6" 245 shouldn't affect him in a negative way rather it should make him more physical and allow him to perform more effectively.
I love the DE class and the depth and lol at turning my man into a fire hydrant. Im not too high on that BTW 5 star kid I think thats a miss eval (it happens and its not sour grapes on my part) If Harris was an animal I would be bytching and moaning about us not closing on him. I need more proof to trust this staff completely and that takes a few years being that its a first year guy. Everything I say or who I think is going to be good or bad are just guesses, we will know when they hit the field. Am I confident...........nothing about UM football the last 15 years has me confident it would take a miracle at this point for me to be like yo this is the guy that will win us a title.
I do like our DE class though alot, Ive hated our db classes as a whole for years. We get a few then the elites leave so Im always bytching about that......we should have first rounders everywhere but I accepted we are not that same Miami no more we are the new Miami and this is how it is in this age and time.

I love the DE class and the depth and lol at turning my man into a fire hydrant. Im not too high on that BTW 5 star kid I think thats a miss eval (it happens and its not sour grapes on my part) If Harris was an animal I would be bytching and moaning about us not closing on him. I need more proof to trust this staff completely and that takes a few years being that its a first year guy. Everything I say or who I think is going to be good or bad are just guesses, we will know when they hit the field. Am I confident...........nothing about UM football the last 15 years has me confident it would take a miracle at this point for me to be like yo this is the guy that will win us a title.
I do like our DE class though alot, Ive hated our db classes as a whole for years. We get a few then the elites leave so Im always bytching about that......we should have first rounders everywhere but I accepted we are not that same Miami no more we are the new Miami and this is how it is in this age and time.
Fair enough. I get where you are coming from. It's an understandable position. What you said about Harris bring a missed evaluation caught me eye. Could you elaborate on that? I'm very curious why you think that.

Fair enough. I get where you are coming from. It's an understandable position. What you said about Harris bring a missed evaluation caught me eye. Could you elaborate on that? I'm very curious why you think that.
I just dont think hes all that I think for some reason they boosted him into a 5 star way too soon, he looks slow as **** to me and I hate slow DEs. I get being physical but we have to understand and project these kids against real D1 comp and hes man handling HS kids. I like to see guys jump off the tape where someone who doesnt watch football says wow who is that guy. Thats like watching Sean Taylor Lewis Reed or Saquon, a women can watch those guys and say **** that guys good.

Cook was like that Duke Juedy Cooper Clowney, they jumped off that tape and they destroy camps

Advertisement
Okay I get you. I really haven't watched Harris at all yet. I guess I just assumed that he was a Brian Burns clone in terms of his playing style and ability. I'll check out his film and see what I think.

Also @FrancisSaywer I think the father knows inside his heart that his kid isnt as good as people think thats why they want to send him to a sure thing to bama etc cause it will disguise his weaknesses playing with monsters and he will get drafted higher. That happened with us in the early 2000's where some guys shined because of the beasts we had, that interview with pops kind of showed me thats what he was thinking. Maybe Im wrong but that was the feel I got and feelings come and go so I could be wrong wont be the first time or the last

Also @FrancisSaywer I think the father knows inside his heart that his kid isnt as good as people think thats why they want to send him to a sure thing to bama etc cause it will disguise his weaknesses playing with monsters and he will get drafted higher. That happened with us in the early 2000's where some guys shined because of the beasts we had, that interview with pops kind of showed me thats what he was thinking. Maybe Im wrong but that was the feel I got and feelings come and go so I could be wrong wont be the first time or the last
That is a very interesting analysis and could very well be the case. It would certainly make sense. I'll check out his film and see what my gut tells me.

Advertisement
Back