I miss these Hurricanes

Would Love to get back to that talent level again. Not just multiple 1st rounders on d and offense but multiple pro bowlers at that.

honestly it may never happen again, at any college

as DOMINANT as the nick saban bama teams have been.... they have no once had a team with that much NFL talent, or nfl stardom

i dont even know if miami can repilcate those teams that butch built

Advertisement
Would Love to get back to that talent level again. Not just multiple 1st rounders on d and offense but multiple pro bowlers at that.

as DOMINANT as the nick saban bama teams have been.... they have no once had a team with that much NFL talent, or nfl stardom

South Florida is STACKED with NFL prospects that usually spread across colleges since then. All we have to do is have some good talent evaluator's to bring them back in, along with the guys under the radar and some stud national prospects.

Ohio State is projected to have 4-7 first round draft picks this year, I'm 100% sure we could do better than that considering we will run a system more friendly to the NFL teams, in addition to all the scouts that love to draft coach Kool kids in the 1st round.

South Florida is STACKED with NFL prospects that usually spread across colleges since then. All we have to do is have some good talent evaluator's to bring them back in, along with the guys under the radar and some stud national prospects.

Ohio State is projected to have 4-7 first round draft picks this year, I'm 100% sure we could do better than that considering we will run a system more friendly to the NFL teams, in addition to all the scouts that love to draft coach Kool kids in the 1st round.

i can partially agree

if we dont let sony michel, alex collins, patrick peterson, sammy watkins ,teddy bridgewater and amari cooper go to other teams, could you imagine how many games we would have won if we had a coach that could have kept even most of those guys? let alone all?

especially if it was a good coach?

coaching really did ***** us for 10+ years

Been saying it for years....that team was an average qb away from a chip. I loved the 86, 91-92, 94, aand the 01 defne, but the defense this year??????? God i wish they would of played usc, lsu, or oklahoma this yr. Hope it isn't because of my green and orange shades, but the u would have killed them.....with an avg qb(and a healthy gore lol)

Berlin was fine - Coker's offense was atrocious.
berlin was a shotgun qb

any time we put him in the shotgun the dude was on fire (see the second half of the UF game) coker was trying to fit a round peg into a square hole, berlin is not an under the center qb, we should have left him in the gun because he was dominant

either way its ancient history now

Berlin in 04 with the 03 defense would of won the chip... Is what I'm saying

Been saying it for years....that team was an average qb away from a chip. I loved the 86, 91-92, 94, aand the 01 defne, but the defense this year??????? God i wish they would of played usc, lsu, or oklahoma this yr. Hope it isn't because of my green and orange shades, but the u would have killed them.....with an avg qb(and a healthy gore lol)

Berlin was fine - Coker's offense was atrocious.
berlin was a shotgun qb

any time we put him in the shotgun the dude was on fire (see the second half of the UF game) coker was trying to fit a round peg into a square hole, berlin is not an under the center qb, we should have left him in the gun because he was dominant

either way its ancient history now

Berlin in 04 with the 03 defense would of won the chip... Is what I'm saying
he was certainly better, but i believe the schedule was more favorable in 2004 also

2003 was a tough schedule for any qb

with that being said it is truly a shame that the 2003 team didnt compete for a title

possibly the most talented starting lineup we have ever had

Advertisement
Samuels get's ejected in the 2nd quarter in todays game

Several players would've been ejected in that game under today's rules. It was straight ruthlessness out there. In the pouring rain, sitting 40 yards away from the play, I heard the smack when Roscoe got sent halfway to heaven. It was such a brutal -- and perfectly executed -- hit. Winslow also showed up like a man that day.

Haven't watched the replay in a while. Is this the game where Payton went off a bit at running back?

Advertisement

i can partially agree

if we dont let sony michel, alex collins, patrick peterson, sammy watkins ,teddy bridgewater and amari cooper go to other teams, could you imagine how many games we would have won if we had a coach that could have kept even most of those guys? let alone all?

especially if it was a good coach?

coaching really did ***** us for 10+ years

2013 offensive skill positions if we kept talent home (Orlando and below)

QB - Teddy Bridgewater JR
RB- Davonte Freeman JR
RB- Duke Johnson SO
TE- Clive Walford JR
TE- Nick O'Leary JR
WR- Sammy Watkins JR
WR- Amari Cooper SO
WR- Stacy Coley FR
WR- Phillip Dorsett JR
WR- Eli Rodgers JR

Someone help me go find Al Golden and give him this list.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Haven't watched the replay in a while. Is this the game where Payton went off a bit at running back?

think the game you meant is the orange bowl vs them that same yr

Payton had a good game in the rain, but had his best day as a Cane in the Orange Bowl. Stepped up the way Canes do. Jarrett had heart that's for sure.

Go Canes!

Thanks. I knew he had a career game against the Noles, just couldn't remember which one.

Advertisement
Back