I like this team...

fraggle

Senile Senior
With all the bad circumstances and not having Hernandez the lack of depth is the only reason they are not winning as much as we expect, but they play hard and just get worn down. It is a shame the NCAA has tormented the U the way they have but our players are true Canes.

Advertisement
Hard not to. They don't give up.

ND apparently is pretty close to, if not equal, to our short bench. Playing seven, and one or two aren't ACC ready.

Advertisement
It sucks but no sense is activating redshirts now. Team will be better next year. This year is over.

Playing a fat tub of lard that lacks the physical fitness to even eat minutes isn't going to help. There's a reason why a healthy upperclassman was redshirted. I'd love for Miami to hit the JUCO and grad transfer market hard and nudge Rodney Miller out the door. I doubt he ever contributes anything here.

It sucks but no sense is activating redshirts now. Team will be better next year. This year is over.
Not so sure about that. We lose Lawrence, Izundu and Zach, don't we? Unless Dewan returns, who is gonna provide inside presence and make up Zach's and Lawrence's scoring? Still time to add, which is a good thing.

Advertisement
If there is not a major turn around next year with the teams performance, Coach L may repeat Richt’s actions and resign.

Not so sure about that. We lose Lawrence, Izundu and Zach, don't we? Unless Dewan returns, who is gonna provide inside presence and make up Zach's and Lawrence's scoring? Still time to add, which is a good thing.

Gak comes back, hopefully healthy. Miami should also have a legit player in McGusty, and who knows what Miami ends up with from the portal. The backcourt is in great hands with Lykes and DJ. Miami will also bring in some freshmen, and start to rebuild that pipeline. Miami will have more bodies next year, which was a problem this year. I am curious as to who grows during the offseason. You'd think Sam W would be the guy(He should be moved back to the stretch 4 spot he knows how to play, he will never be a traditional big), but I just don't know.

Canedude, thanks for reminding me of Gak and McGusty. They'll help. I'm no longer counting on much inside presence from Sam. Miller either. Height and bulk is what Coach should be scouring the world for.

Canedude, thanks for reminding me of Gak and McGusty. They'll help. I'm no longer counting on much inside presence from Sam. Miller either. Height and bulk is what Coach should be scouring the world for.

Sam isn't an interior guy, and him being forced into that role has led to him losing confidence. Sam is at his best is a stretch guy that can be instant offense. He's a more athletic version of Ivan Cruz-Uceda, with the ability to at least play passable perimeter defense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sam isn't an interior guy, and him being forced into that role has led to him losing confidence. Sam is at his best is a stretch guy that can be instant offense. He's a more athletic version of Ivan Cruz-Uceda, with the ability to at least play passable perimeter defense.
Sam hasn't yet shown me any outside shooting that approaches Cruz-Uceda's. Still time though, and I agree with why he has regressed.

I agree as there have been 3 positives from this season.

1. I like seeing the 1-2-2 3/4 court trap and the 3-2 zone defense used this season. They should be permanent fixtures going forward.
2. I like seeing the Canes attempt to throw the ball into the low post. It has made our post players more active. Just one really.
3. Finally, Coach L and his staff has learned how important depth is and hopefully, they will use all 13 scholarships in the future.

This actually has me excited about the future. With some depth, this team could be 4-1 in the ACC right now. Our losses are not due to a lack of talent. The future is bright.

GO CANES.

I think Coach L knows the importance of depth. If Dewan and Wilson (forget Gak, he always needed the season off) were now playing, this wouldn't even be a topic of conversation. We'd be debating the disposition of the minutes for a potential 9 man rotation.

If there is not a major turn around next year with the teams performance, Coach L may repeat Richt’s actions and resign.

As usual,you have NOTHING to add of consequence. NOTHING.

Swallow your pride and get a brain damaged individual to help you to submit your comments, they'll be much better

Stick to what you do best. Down voting.and being severely depressed. .

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back