I know we still mucho sucko. I know this BUT tell me at least one thing that you feel shows us we might be heading in the right direction.

Jimmy’s and Joe’s > X’s and O’s.

There’s my source of optimism.

Might be optimism that never comes to fruition, but there it is.

I’m the conductor of the Mario train but I have to call it as I see it and what I’ve seen the past 2 seasons is worse than I expected. And I expected it to be bad. So, yeah.
Funny how lebron hasn't won 20 rings if players matter more than x and o's

Advertisement
Here is my little list to gauge minimal progress. Again, current stage is Mucho Sucko.

1) We may not have been consistent but we were competitive in every game. I didn't see the team quit this year like last year. Duke, MTSU, Pitt, Clemson, FSU last year.....OOOOFFFFF.!! This year we had some losses and we had the GT abortion but I felt we we had a chance to win every game and we beat Clemson which had been a minute. I hope we can get over the hump next year and the coaches stop tripping over their own feet.

2) I saw lots of freshman playing by the end of the year. I hope these guys can stay healthy and contribute the next two years. Fletcher, Bain, Brown, Mauigoa, Emory, Williams TE were all a nice surprise. The guys we redshirted are some kind of beasts. Transfer portal rentals were more hits that misses. Lee, Cohen, Kiko, Daniels, Allen were all great additions to Miami 23.

3) 7-6 is a basura record BUT it's two more wins than last year's landfill. Basura is atill basura, but the pile is smaller. I am hopeful that despite the opportunity to be great next year, I am going to set the bar low at 9 wins. Two more wins. every year is my bar. 9 wins is a realistic goal for this team and staff.

4) In the world of NIL, we are not paupers.Miami seems to be playing the NIL game correctly. Lots of disgruntled players at other schools that could be on our radar if they help us to be better. NIL matters. If schools drop the ball, it will only help Miami! Keep supporting the program.

5) Great recruiting class coming in! We need to bring in as much talent as possible to overcome coaching ineptness. Hopefully we get a serviceable QB in the transfer portal, Emory heals well, Jacurri keeps improving and Judd Anderson redshirts and can be developed into something decent.

I know we are currently not good by any means. Lots of work to be done. Hopefully we can keep building and improving but I will remain hopeful that in year 3 we can get at least nine wins.

Everyone have a great offseason. Stay safe and healthy, support the basketball team, and see you all at the Spring game and Gainesville next year!

Go Canes!!
Basura es basura pero cuando puedes oler la mierda, necesitas checar tu zapato por un mojón. Mario got **** on his game day shoes but those loafers are still finely shined.

Advertisement
Every L we took was by 1 score. Which was a lot of posters reasoning why FSU would be great this year.

I'm all for positivity. We could use it. I think we're trending in the right direction.

But

As Jay Z once said:
Moral Victories is for minor league coaches..
Moral Victories(plural) are for minor league coaches. Moral Victory(singular or general) is for minor league coaches.

We will own the trenches in all 12 games on paper. If that holds up on the field, we "should" win 10 games next year no matter who is the QB.
We won't own a thing until we can stack those types of trench classes on top of each other for 3 more cycles. Then we will own the trenches. Not all of them will work out. Some will get hurt. Some will transfer etc ... Got to keep stacking to truly build anything of substance.

Advertisement
This is worst case scenario for me.
The caveat is all those players could transfer with coaching change.
Tim And Eric Idk GIF

Advertisement
You guys are hilarious. Mario is going nowhere.

Mario is on the Jim Harbaugh path to success except he is a better recruiter. Building from the ground up and putting unexciting bro-fense until he has the talent. But the talent is arriving. Our two deep next season will finally look reasonable outside of the secondary. One more recruiting class and that gets fixed, too. He may be a sucky game day coach but so was Butch. And like Butch, this team will overpower opponents.

Advertisement
Back