I know we still mucho sucko. I know this BUT tell me at least one thing that you feel shows us we might be heading in the right direction.

Advertisement
Before I do my year end review, which will touch on some of these points, I would just like to highlight something that was said in defense to keep Manny Diaz around after going 7-5 in year 2: “The team didn’t quit on him, & shows he hasn’t lost the locker room.”

The 2021 Miami Hurricanes avg. margin of defeat was 12 pts/game, heavily skewed by the blow out lost to Bama. 3 of 5 of those losses came by 3 points or less. Fast fwd to 2023, & our avg. margin of defeat was 8 points, with 5 of those 6 losses coming by 7 points or more.

The 2021 team faced:
A Bama team that finished #2
A MSU team that finished #9
A NCSU team that finished #19
A Pitt team that finished #13 & was The ACC Champions

The 2023 team have faced:
A FSU team that will most likely finish Top 10
A Clemson team that will most likely finish top 20
A NCST team that will most likely drop out the top 25
A UL team team that will most likely finish top 25

I’m just confused by this continuous narrative. Did we technically improve? Yes, but by the most pure definition of improvement as Pate highlighted; but, & I’m not trying to be offensive, what’s the difference between 2021 & 2023?

Last edited:
Oline and Dline talents that we haven’t stacked in back to back classes in years…

That’s what keeps me hopeful… as much as we laugh at bully ball or caveman style… if you own the trenches you can do whatever you want to win games… style wise.

Advertisement
Here is my little list to gauge minimal progress. Again, current stage is Mucho Sucko.

1) We may not have been consistent but we were competitive in every game. I didn't see the team quit this year like last year. Duke, MTSU, Pitt, Clemson, FSU last year.....OOOOFFFFF.!! This year we had some losses and we had the GT abortion but I felt we we had a chance to win every game and we beat Clemson which had been a minute. I hope we can get over the hump next year and the coaches stop tripping over their own feet.

2) I saw lots of freshman playing by the end of the year. I hope these guys can stay healthy and contribute the next two years. Fletcher, Bain, Brown, Mauigoa, Emory, Williams TE were all a nice surprise. The guys we redshirted are some kind of beasts. Transfer portal rentals were more hits that misses. Lee, Cohen, Kiko, Daniels, Allen were all great additions to Miami 23.

3) 7-6 is a basura record BUT it's two more wins than last year's landfill. Basura is atill basura, but the pile is smaller. I am hopeful that despite the opportunity to be great next year, I am going to set the bar low at 9 wins. Two more wins. every year is my bar. 9 wins is a realistic goal for this team and staff.

4) In the world of NIL, we are not paupers.Miami seems to be playing the NIL game correctly. Lots of disgruntled players at other schools that could be on our radar if they help us to be better. NIL matters. If schools drop the ball, it will only help Miami! Keep supporting the program.

5) Great recruiting class coming in! We need to bring in as much talent as possible to overcome coaching ineptness. Hopefully we get a serviceable QB in the transfer portal, Emory heals well, Jacurri keeps improving and Judd Anderson redshirts and can be developed into something decent.

I know we are currently not good by any means. Lots of work to be done. Hopefully we can keep building and improving but I will remain hopeful that in year 3 we can get at least nine wins.

Everyone have a great offseason. Stay safe and healthy, support the basketball team, and see you all at the Spring game and Gainesville next year!

Go Canes!!

200 (10).gif

Year 3 for this Coach-

7 wins won’t cut it-

With the soft schedule next year he better win at least 9-10 games-

I doubt he will have no optimism with this fraud.

Advertisement
We did very well in some defensive categories. If we had this year's coordinators last year, we'd be farther along.

We're definitely improving the average quality of our players.

Before I do my year end review, which will touch on some of these points, I would just like to highlight something that was said in defense to keep Manny Diaz around after going 7-5 in year 2: “The team didn’t quit on him, & shows he hasn’t lost the locker room.”

The 2021 Miami Hurricanes avg. margin of defeat was 12 pts/game, heavily skewed by the blow out lost to Bama. 3 of 5 of those losses came by 3 points or less. Fast fwd to 2023, & our avg. margin of defeat was 8 points, with 5 of those 6 losses coming by 7 points or more.

The 2021 team faced:

I’m just confused by this continuous narrative. Did we technically improve? Yes, but the most pure definition of improvement as Pate highlighted; but, & I’m not trying to be offensive, what’s the difference between 2021 & 2023?
I had the below typed out but thought what is the point and abandoned it. Glad I’m not alone in this thinking

Manny finished 2021 5-1, had an offense that was really putting things together and in total was 8 points from winning 10 games. They didnt quit after starting out 2-4. Manny had more November wins in 2021 than Mario has in his 2 seasons.

Advertisement

The 2021 team faced:

I’m just confused by this continuous narrative. Did we technically improve? Yes, but the most pure definition of improvement as Pate highlighted; but, & I’m not trying to be offensive, what’s the difference between 2021 & 2023?
Mope

We need a coach who can use timeouts properly

We need a coach who understands when to get in the Victory formation and take a knee.

We need a coach who doesn't try to force running the ball

We need a coach that can actually be creative on offense.

We need a coach that can properly prepare the team on a weekly basis.

We need a coach that can get the team ready to come out and play like their heads are on fire and not come out flat and let opposing teams score in their first drives.

We need a coach that can instill discipline and sit players who make stupid decisions and end up hurting the team.

We need a coach who's loafers are NOT silent when it comes to actually making the team better instead of trying to do things his way...the way that doesn't work.

Advertisement

The 2021 team faced:

A shiny new recruiting class full of could be.

Here is my little list to gauge minimal progress. Again, current stage is Mucho Sucko.

1) We may not have been consistent but we were competitive in every game. I didn't see the team quit this year like last year. Duke, MTSU, Pitt, Clemson, FSU last year.....OOOOFFFFF.!! This year we had some losses and we had the GT abortion but I felt we we had a chance to win every game and we beat Clemson which had been a minute. I hope we can get over the hump next year and the coaches stop tripping over their own feet.

2) I saw lots of freshman playing by the end of the year. I hope these guys can stay healthy and contribute the next two years. Fletcher, Bain, Brown, Mauigoa, Emory, Williams TE were all a nice surprise. The guys we redshirted are some kind of beasts. Transfer portal rentals were more hits that misses. Lee, Cohen, Kiko, Daniels, Allen were all great additions to Miami 23.

3) 7-6 is a basura record BUT it's two more wins than last year's landfill. Basura is atill basura, but the pile is smaller. I am hopeful that despite the opportunity to be great next year, I am going to set the bar low at 9 wins. Two more wins. every year is my bar. 9 wins is a realistic goal for this team and staff.

4) In the world of NIL, we are not paupers.Miami seems to be playing the NIL game correctly. Lots of disgruntled players at other schools that could be on our radar if they help us to be better. NIL matters. If schools drop the ball, it will only help Miami! Keep supporting the program.

5) Great recruiting class coming in! We need to bring in as much talent as possible to overcome coaching ineptness. Hopefully we get a serviceable QB in the transfer portal, Emory heals well, Jacurri keeps improving and Judd Anderson redshirts and can be developed into something decent.

I know we are currently not good by any means. Lots of work to be done. Hopefully we can keep building and improving but I will remain hopeful that in year 3 we can get at least nine wins.

Everyone have a great offseason. Stay safe and healthy, support the basketball team, and see you all at the Spring game and Gainesville next year!

Go Canes!!

I hope we are. I'm trying to be positive but we have a coach that won't ever outcoach the other guy. I expect year 3 to be another 6-6 or 7-5 season. That's not good. I didn't like what I saw in the depth guys in yestersday game. If thats whats coming up for next year then oh boy. On the positive side Our DL should be a lot better then what we saw yesterday. Our OL should be better with Carpenter coming in. Thats all I got

Advertisement
Back