I know we still mucho sucko. I know this BUT tell me at least one thing that you feel shows us we might be heading in the right direction.

LatinCane

Sophomore
Here is my little list to gauge minimal progress. Again, current stage is Mucho Sucko.

1) We may not have been consistent but we were competitive in every game. I didn't see the team quit this year like last year. Duke, MTSU, Pitt, Clemson, FSU last year.....OOOOFFFFF.!! This year we had some losses and we had the GT abortion but I felt we we had a chance to win every game and we beat Clemson which had been a minute. I hope we can get over the hump next year and the coaches stop tripping over their own feet.

2) I saw lots of freshman playing by the end of the year. I hope these guys can stay healthy and contribute the next two years. Fletcher, Bain, Brown, Mauigoa, Emory, Williams TE were all a nice surprise. The guys we redshirted are some kind of beasts. Transfer portal rentals were more hits that misses. Lee, Cohen, Kiko, Daniels, Allen were all great additions to Miami 23.

3) 7-6 is a basura record BUT it's two more wins than last year's landfill. Basura is atill basura, but the pile is smaller. I am hopeful that despite the opportunity to be great next year, I am going to set the bar low at 9 wins. Two more wins. every year is my bar. 9 wins is a realistic goal for this team and staff.

4) In the world of NIL, we are not paupers.Miami seems to be playing the NIL game correctly. Lots of disgruntled players at other schools that could be on our radar if they help us to be better. NIL matters. If schools drop the ball, it will only help Miami! Keep supporting the program.

5) Great recruiting class coming in! We need to bring in as much talent as possible to overcome coaching ineptness. Hopefully we get a serviceable QB in the transfer portal, Emory heals well, Jacurri keeps improving and Judd Anderson redshirts and can be developed into something decent.

I know we are currently not good by any means. Lots of work to be done. Hopefully we can keep building and improving but I will remain hopeful that in year 3 we can get at least nine wins.

Everyone have a great offseason. Stay safe and healthy, support the basketball team, and see you all at the Spring game and Gainesville next year!

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Pop Tv Celebrity GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Here is my little list to gauge minimal progress. Again, current stage is Mucho Sucko.

1) We may not have been consistent but we were competitive in every game. I didn't see the team quit this year like last year. Duke, MTSU, Pitt, Clemson, FSU last year.....OOOOFFFFF.!! This year we had some losses and we had the GT abortion but I felt we we had a chance to win every game and we beat Clemson which had been a minute. I hope we can get over the hump next year and the coaches stop tripping over their own feet.

2) I saw lots of freshman playing by the end of the year. I hope these guys can stay healthy and contribute the next two years. Fletcher, Bain, Brown, Mauigoa, Emory, Williams TE were all a nice surprise. The guys we redshirted are some kind of beasts. Transfer portal rentals were more hits that misses. Lee, Cohen, Kiko, Daniels, Allen were all great additions to Miami 23.

3) 7-6 is a basura record BUT it's two more wins than last year's landfill. Basura is atill basura, but the pile is smaller. I am hopeful that despite the opportunity to be great next year, I am going to set the bar low at 9 wins. Two more wins. every year is my bar. 9 wins is a realistic goal for this team and staff.

4) In the world of NIL, we are not paupers.Miami seems to be playing the NIL game correctly. Lots of disgruntled players at other schools that could be on our radar if they help us to be better. NIL matters. If schools drop the ball, it will only help Miami! Keep supporting the program.

5) Great recruiting class coming in! We need to bring in as much talent as possible to overcome coaching ineptness. Hopefully we get a serviceable QB in the transfer portal, Emory heals well, Jacurri keeps improving and Judd Anderson redshirts and can be developed into something decent.

I know we are currently not good by any means. Lots of work to be done. Hopefully we can keep building and improving but I will remain hopeful that in year 3 we can get at least nine wins.

Everyone have a great offseason. Stay safe and healthy, support the basketball team, and see you all at the Spring game and Gainesville next year!

Go Canes!!
Good post!

One thing? Ok.. Got it. The offense finished the regular season ranked #26 in total offense despite the long stretches of garbage in the middle of the year. That was a huge leap from last year. Defense finished the reg season #26 in total defense and #9 vs the run. Those are positives to go with the #3 recruiting class.

Advertisement

Go Canes!!
Agreed. The first year we lost to MTSU and got BLOWN OUT by FSU, Duke, and Pitt.

This year we beat Texas A&M, and Clemson, and our WORST loss was by 14. Most losses were 7 points or less.

We completely dominated BC at their own game.

Recruiting recruiting recruiting
The cupboard is getting stocked w higher caliber players, bigger, stronger, faster…..
We just need more and for the young ones to stay two more years
Fletcher
Mauignoa
Bain

We just need MORE!!!!
And this recruiting class has them

QB stability is the other dynamic that needs to be SOLVED

We can’t have the crap we have had for 20 years
We need QB talent AND development

Advertisement
Mario has 2 full classes one 7th and one 4th. We haven't recruited like that in 20
Years. Since 2010 we NEVER finished 1st in ACC in recruiting.

Only of of those classes are currently on campus. They are true freshman.

Class of 2025 could be as good or better than the first 2 full classes.

NIL game is strong. Plenty to look forward to.

How about Mark Fletcher in 2 years?

What about the best WR class in 20
Years?

What about the OL class from last year as they get developed?

What about the 2024 DT class? Have we signed a better DT class in last 20
Years?

Plenty of exciting things.
Y'all act like Mario has never won a power 5 league or a NY6 bowl? Did y'all forget he waltzed into that dump of a stadium in Ohio, and beat a buckeye team with C.J. Stroud, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, and Jaxon Smith-Njigba?

Yeah he has proven he can do it, let the man work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back