I know its only college football but...

miamimike

Junior
No matter how much I try not to care I still do. It still has an effect on my moods and work days and most importantly my weekends. I am a grandfather for God sakes. It shouldn't bother me this much. Being a Miami fan for a long time was just simply the best. Now, its just always bad news and heartbreak. Players suspended for the biggest game of their lives, injuries, recruits playing games, last second losses, no more home field advantage(since OB), lousy fans, media that kills us or ignores us(don't know which is worse) message boards filled with many more haters than fans(dont know how some posts even get on the board)........and after all of that we still don't know whats coming from the NCAA. I am still choosing to believe the punishment wont be as bad as many haters think but who knows. My feeling at this point is 2 recruiting cycles have and will be heavily affected by the investigation and our reputation dragged thru the sewer(nothing new there). We have paid back money, suspended players, kick players off the team, cooperated like no other University before and hired a staff that bleeds integrity and from what I understand from reading other posts we still are potentially months from knowing the charges and 6-12 months from knowing our punishment. I seriously am sick to my stomach just thinking about this. I think we have the right coach and I hope coach Golden can weather the storm. They say God doesn't give you more than you can handle but coach has to be close. When we win I am thrilled but then I think about investigation and I am depressed and when we lose I'm so depressed and then it gets even worse because I think about investigation. This loss has me lower than I ever thought I would be about my team, our program. Love the players, love the coaches believe they will prevail in the end. We just need some good news and a break or two wouldn't hurt. God bless the players and the coaches. Nobody is hurting worse than them. In the meantime I will keep praying and having faith that someday we will have a program that we will be proud of again.

Advertisement
You're a fan - it's ok.

Just find you a women, grab a glass of wine, and put on some good tunes my man.

Got my woman 29 yrs ago. And I don't know if there is enough wine in the world. I will take ur advice and start sipping some scotch. Bottoms up my man.

I agree with the OP. I have a 7 month old and I was sure I'd care less this season, but no, still livid right now and I'm moping around.

Advertisement
It used to be easy being a hurricane.. Now we know what it's like being on the other side.. ****** sux

Advertisement
Back