I know following recruits on social media is discouraged but

them wanting likes isnt new, however it can be used now as a gauge of how the fan base is. now that can be used as a selling point. If Miami fans are more engaged in recruiting an on Social media, then we can use that as a positive for recruiting now. But most of us knew the NIL would change things because if the team is rocking and you're a good player here people will buy it. like Blades shirt bet he sells a few hundred once it goes out first week.
Exactly

Advertisement
Actually makes sense. Honestly we should have a team of “advisors” literally set up to help kids build their logo, social media platform, etc so we can literally sell kids on how we can support their growth through the rules of the NIL. Being proactive especially in the infancy of this will be huge. Especially if we are the only ones truly embracing the opportunities this provides.

Of course the SEC schools will probably just name car dealerships after their guys to make it legal to give them 6-7 figure deals to go there Lol

Bro we may have more car dealerships on 441 than Alabama has in their whole state.

Dont worry Gus Machado got this.....or we gonna see ya at Hollywood Kia...

Kids have been asking for likes and follows for years. Literally years. Nothing has changed in that regard. It's the social media generation. They judge themselves based on how many likes and followers they get. It's pathetic really, but that's the stupid world we live in.
I have to disagree in that this year is different. They are speaking directly to the fanbase and asking for likes in more profitable locations like IG. Prior years they were just dropping things on Twitter

them wanting likes isnt new, however it can be used now as a gauge of how the fan base is. now that can be used as a selling point. If Miami fans are more engaged in recruiting an on Social media, then we can use that as a positive for recruiting now. But most of us knew the NIL would change things because if the team is rocking and you're a good player here people will buy it. like Blades shirt bet he sells a few hundred once it goes out first week.
I may just be a Homer but I have always looked at canes fans as a particularly passionate group that stands out from the pack. Kinda the way our team has since exploding in the 80s. If that identity can somehow be marketed and celebrated by the UM team it may be something that recruits are wowed by. The canes are indeed a special bunch compared to the rest of the cfb world. Something we should be proud of and celebrate with a middle finger to everyone else.

I think this is for sure a factor going forward... and thats not the best thing for Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back