I know following recruits on social media is discouraged but

Canez1

OG
I have been noticing lately that these young bloods are looking for likes especially after their photo shoots during their visit to a school. I think with the NIL in play, they are gauging how well they will be able to benefit from each fan base. I could be totally wrong or off base but this is the first year I am seeing kids asking for likes. If I am right, then we need to organize a way make those like requests blow up. Thoughts?

Advertisement
I have been noticing lately that these young bloods are looking for likes especially after their photo shoots during their visit to a school. I think with the NIL in play, they are gauging how well they will be able to benefit from each fan base. I could be totally wrong or off base but this is the first year I am seeing kids asking for likes. If I am right, then we need to organize a way make those like requests blow up. Thoughts?

Interesting theory but nah, these kids like the likes b/c of ego.

Give us a list of the 10 to 30 guys we are really recruiting and we can all follow and repeatedly up thumb…….

…….or we can follow CIS standard policy and largely ignore them.

Advertisement
All companies judge the bag u get based off of your social media following, specifically your engagement.

When it comes to schools fans on social media Miami is unquestionably number one and the numbers back that up. Look at every kids Miami photo shoot compared to the next school and we always have the most likes and comments. Either Miami is one of the younger fanbases or a lot of our old heads are on social media.

Actually makes sense. Honestly we should have a team of “advisors” literally set up to help kids build their logo, social media platform, etc so we can literally sell kids on how we can support their growth through the rules of the NIL. Being proactive especially in the infancy of this will be huge. Especially if we are the only ones truly embracing the opportunities this provides.

Of course the SEC schools will probably just name car dealerships after their guys to make it legal to give them 6-7 figure deals to go there Lol

Actually makes sense. Honestly we should have a team of “advisors” literally set up to help kids build their logo, social media platform, etc so we can literally sell kids on how we can support their growth through the rules of the NIL. Being proactive especially in the infancy of this will be huge. Especially if we are the only ones truly embracing the opportunities this provides.

Of course the SEC schools will probably just name car dealerships after their guys to make it legal to give them 6-7 figure deals to go there Lol
I just laughed really hard at the thought of, like, Raekwon’s Chevrolet in East Alabama. Really hope this happens.

Advertisement
Are these young fellas really that marketing savvy? Some may very well be. I can see it as a selling point to potential “ sponsors”. See how many clicks I can generate.

All companies judge the bag u get based off of your social media following, specifically your engagement.

When it comes to schools fans on social media Miami is unquestionably number one and the numbers back that up. Look at every kids Miami photo shoot compared to the next school and we always have the most likes and comments. Either Miami is one of the younger fanbases or a lot of our old heads are on social media.
I don’t know what the numbers are or if Miami is actually the biggest school on social media but our media department does do a really good job with the photos shoots and edits. A lot of the stuff I see is very high quality and deserves the extra attention it’s getting.

Without trying to insult anyone, I doubt it. The question is interesting, but there are way too many factors involved. You're kinda talking about HS kids and sophomore-level business management classes.

I just don't see it being deliberate.

Advertisement
Kids have been asking for likes and follows for years. Literally years. Nothing has changed in that regard. It's the social media generation. They judge themselves based on how many likes and followers they get. It's pathetic really, but that's the stupid world we live in.

them wanting likes isnt new, however it can be used now as a gauge of how the fan base is. now that can be used as a selling point. If Miami fans are more engaged in recruiting an on Social media, then we can use that as a positive for recruiting now. But most of us knew the NIL would change things because if the team is rocking and you're a good player here people will buy it. like Blades shirt bet he sells a few hundred once it goes out first week.

NIL is a game changer, get on board or get left behind the movement. Manny Diaz has been out in front of this moreso than most Head Coaches IMO.

Advertisement
yeah but you are discounting the "adult advisors" wink wink who are looking to gravy train some of these kids who do have the knowledge on getting this done possibly

Without trying to insult anyone, I doubt it. The question is interesting, but there are way too many factors involved. You're kinda talking about HS kids and sophomore-level business management classes.

I just don't see it being deliberate

It's easy to see how the new rules around monetization will help Miami and I'm all for that. But if you think the amount of narcissism amongst kids is bad now, it's about to explode

Advertisement
Back