I just had an epiphany

Advertisement
if we beat ND like we did VT then we shouldn't fear anyone remaining, even in CFP

we know how to win close games and defense playing lights out lately

If we stay healthy and keep getting better, why not? We have the talent. We just need the stars to be aligned.

Offense worries me a little bit, because they always fall asleep for about a quarter. But I honestly would put this defense up against anybody. If we can score in the 28-30 point range I feel like we could run the table.

Advertisement
if we beat ND, we are #3. i take that back, when we beat ND.... that will be the biggest win of anybody else wins in the top 10 other than UGA beating ND. however, auburn will beat UGA this weekend so we will be #2.

Advertisement
I hate to think this way - don't want to jinkx it - but if we beat ND, I think we have a great shot to beat Clemson. If we beat ND, UVA, Pitt, this means we'll be riding on all cylinders and I think we actually match up ok with Clemson.

Advertisement
Our average margin of victory needs to improve to 16+ points and our defensive numbers need to continue to rise into top 10 territory before the start of the post season. If that happens then we have a chance to be like some of the "lower tier" NC contending teams like 2006 UF, 2002 OSU and 2010 Auburn.

Advertisement
National title defense, elite te, elite wr’s, & a QB with a set of rocks. Why not us!

Wait, you mean there are people out there who do not know we are going to win #6 this year? Listen, the ONLY reason any of these other teams ever looked good was because the measuring stick got hidden by Donna. We are undefeated despite playing ugly and still coming together. This week the D really got it together and despite our QB throwing 3 picks we beat the crap out of a major rival who played as well as they good. We still have not peaked in any way. Even the fans and the crowd at the Rock is improving. New and younger fans are learning how to be real Cane fans -- case in point was that your 30 year old drunk girl who missed the cop with her first slap but hit home with the second. She will get better next week. Just like in the old OB, fear on and off the field will test each and every opponent and their fans. Make room in the trophy case.

Advertisement
Back