I haven't looked yet...

The Franchise

The Best EVER
Premium
But how many posts are claiming we changed our scheme again?

Do you guys understand just how bad VT is offensively? That's the most pathetic and basic offense I've seen this year.

We, and anyone else in the world, should feel very confident playing downhill on them. Their QB is the worst in the game, and he and his corches have completely lost confidence in him. The only passes he threw all night were horizontal. He is the ultimate disaster, and anyone should be able to defend that basic ****.

We didn't change our defense. All year long we've shut down horrific offenses with bad QBs by playing downhill. When we've faced remotely decent offenses with some athletes on the field, we go back to passive mode, and they chew us up.

UNC is a dangerous offense. It'll be the first quality offense we've played all year unless they wind up losing their QB before we play. Let's see what we do with them.

Advertisement
This really reeks of desperation, at least give it 24hrs.

24 hours?

1. 15-13 against the ACC

2. 0-3 against FSU

3. 0 Coastal Champs

4. Commitment to this Defense

It took a lot longer than 24 hours to accumulate everything above

Advertisement
That was the worst VT team I think I've seen in twenty years.

That's the worst VT team I've ever seen. If the Pelican was early in his career, he'd get fired after this season. I would have to imagine that he is currently burning through his goodwill at this point.

D'Ominant!

A win is a win yea but that was a horrible a$$ VT team, the only reason they won at OSU is because barret gave them two TDs, literally handed it them, we were still yards off the line and our corners (tracy) were still playing soft, nothing has changed, now golden is going to use this game to keep his job, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Scheme works great against terrible teams. We will continue to get blown out by average ACC opponents, write that down and mail it to wikipedia, its a fact.

Advertisement
Duke ran like an absolute freak last night. Speed, acceleration, hurdling, stiff arm, and caught passes. He showed that he is the total package. He put on a show last night and it was so fun to watch. He straight abused DBs all night with that stiff arm. He looked as good or better than ever last night. Overall the team looked very fresh and fast coming off the bye week. Yes, I know VT isn't what they usually are but I'm just saying how our team looked especially their body language. Chad danced, Artie celebrated after the big hit, and I saw a team having fun. Felt good to be on the other side of a dominant performance.

It was more like the Duke plan where we played with little fear. We also handled them up front and tackled well and there's little substitute for that. All of these are extensions/variations of our norm predicated on how much success we have.

Obviously we won't play an FSU this way. I haven't seen UNC but we might challenge them early if they have an erratic quarterback.

It was more like the Duke plan where we played with little fear. We also handled them up front and tackled well and there's little substitute for that. All of these are extensions/variations of our norm predicated on how much success we have.

Obviously we won't play an FSU this way. I haven't seen UNC but we might challenge them early if they have an erratic quarterback.

I disagree with extreme prejudice. Of course it looks like we play with "little fear" against terrible teams. This scheme was built to bully terrible teams, make them make mistakes, turn the ball over, misread soft coverages, keep them guessing. A half-talented team with an identity just bulldozes through it, and doesnt much care for our over complicated coverage with a 3 down or hybrid covering a slot reciever, bizarre blitz packages and soft zone 2-deeps. I saw the exact same defensive strategy work wonders against Virginia Tech, Arkansas State and Famu, and get dominated by Cincinnati, Louisville, Nebraska and Georgia Tech.

I don't know what to think. It's as if VT didn't watch any game film on us. They played right into Do Nos hands the whole first half. When they came out running up the gut in the second half, the tackling didn't look so good. Inexplicably 3 turnovers save us so we could play dead the fourth quarter.

They showed a stat last nigh that Golden is undefeated when he has a 3 turnover margin. I don't think we can count on that every game.

Advertisement

I disagree with extreme prejudice. Of course it looks like we play with "little fear" against terrible teams. This scheme was built to bully terrible teams, make them make mistakes, turn the ball over, misread soft coverages, keep them guessing. A half-talented team with an identity just bulldozes through it, and doesnt much care for our over complicated coverage with a 3 down or hybrid covering a slot reciever, bizarre blitz packages and soft zone 2-deeps. I saw the exact same defensive strategy work wonders against Virginia Tech, Arkansas State and Famu, and get dominated by Cincinnati, Louisville, Nebraska and Georgia Tech.

What are you disagreeing with?

What are you disagreeing with?

Theres no special "Duke plan" where we play with "little fear." All youre seeing is the wool being pulled over your eyes. Its the same old crap.

Spot on.

Advertisement
Golden slurpers are out in full force. And once we beat Pitt, NC, VA who have ten losses combined they will claim we are on the right track. Beat FSU and I will be happy to give Golden one more year, if we get blownout by fsu then I hope a change is made.

:neonu:

Golden slurpers are out in full force. And once we beat Pitt, NC, VA who have ten losses combined they will claim we are on the right track. Beat FSU and I will be happy to give Golden one more year, if we get blownout by fsu then I hope a change is made.

:neonu:

This is why you'll never be a state.

Advertisement
Back