I have watched as little FSU as ever this year

guppycane

Senior
this year I have had people over every weekend to watch specific teams and then the best games and FSU has only made the 2nd TV a few times.

so tell me whats up with FSU this year? strengths, weaknesses, are they well coached and execute, turnovers, special teams?

all I figure is neither team brings their A game everytime, and hopefully we do this time.

Advertisement
they got a nasty *** DL I know that. On offense they like to spread em out 2,3,4 wide reciever sets. Manuel is a **** of a runner too

They've beaten one team with a winning record.

and that'll still be the case when UM is 5-5

as far as fsu goes, we have a patchwork OL that recently has played more respectably, but has given us trouble with run blocking all year. We don't have any overwhelming stud WRs, but we are as deep with very solid WRs as anyone in the country. Our best our RB now is the true freshman devonta freeman, and jermaine thomas has played respectably spelling him. Wilder looks promising but is not quite there yet and shouldn't be a factor. EJ looks legit and is starting to come into his own lately. His presence opens up the run game, and while not very shifty, he's excellent at getting yards with some free space in front of him. EJ has become a huge fan of the deep ball this season, and he'll probably throw quite a bit on saturday. We've had a lot of injuries on O this year (lost starting RB thompson to broken vertebrae, EJ didn't play whole games in all of our three losses, we've lots three starters on OL, and we've had injuries to a bunch of our WRs). Overall our O is at it's best when passing, and our run game is still suspect given that we've yet to be consistent.

On D our DL has looked fantastic. We've got one of the best DE tandems in the nation in Jenkins and Werner. We are deep at DT, and true freshman Timmy Jernigan has worked his way into a starting spot and looks like a freak out there. Out LBs have been unimpressive, but telvin smith has looked surprising with his speed allowing him to get into the backfield at times. Our Secondary was overrated coming into the season, and the best player in the secondary has probably been Lamarcus Joyner. Greg Reid has received a lot of hype, but has been getting nothing but burned this year. Overall on D we have had a lot of success mainly because of our DL. If UM can give Jacory time he will find some of your taller WRs in a mismatch against our corners.

Thanks for your input, I haven't seen them much so it is interesting to hear what you think.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back