I have noticed that UGA is scouring the Juco ranks to fill

ClevelandTNCane

Recruit
gaps since the coaching change. Are we doing the same? Are any offers going out? Surely there has to be one or two OLs or DBs out there that can help.

Advertisement
This belongs on the recruiting board and there's been no news outside of will Grier and jc Jackson

Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE me. Just asking a question.

key-and-peele-z-snap.gif

Advertisement
gaps since the coaching change. Are we doing the same? Are any offers going out? Surely there has to be one or two OLs or DBs out there that can help.

I'm no insider but I would think UM will keep an eye on the graduate transfer maret, which will probably grow after spring football ends for all
programs and we get closer to summer, especially if JC Jackson does not end up at UM.
Also, Amba Etta-Tawo is a WR from UofMaryland who is on the grad transfer list.
He hasn't done much the last 2 years because of injuries and poor QB/coaching on team, but he is originally from Georgia and
is being followed by Jon Richt.

Richt is looking to keep the scholarship numbers down to load up in the next class. Generally, Juco's pulled in at this point are only going to be provide a mild contribution to the upcoming season.

The situations are different for Richt and Pruitt in that Pruitt needs to win now. Richt was highly successful at Georgia, so Pruitt doesn't get the new coach buffer that most coaches get. Miami has struggled for a long time and Richt has a long leash.

A long way to answer and say, no, I wouldn't expect us to be out trying to add any Juco's at this point. If anything, if the right graduate transfer comes available we will look at them, but otherwise this is the team we are going forward with.

Richt is looking to keep the scholarship numbers down to load up in the next class. Generally, Juco's pulled in at this point are only going to be provide a mild contribution to the upcoming season.

The situations are different for Richt and Smart in that Smart needs to win now. Richt was highly successful at Georgia, so Smart doesn't get the new coach buffer that most coaches get. Miami has struggled for a long time and Richt has a long leash.

A long way to answer and say, no, I wouldn't expect us to be out trying to add any Juco's at this point. If anything, if the right graduate transfer comes available we will look at them, but otherwise this is the team we are going forward with.

FiFy unless im missing something lol

Advertisement
Richt regularly backfilled his roster with JCs while at Georgia. I'm sure it'll happen here as well, at times....

If you are thinking long term, we should be good enough next year to win the Coastal, which will keep the lunatic fans somewhat happy, and 2017 is loaded, and you want to save schollies for that, so I doubt we do much with JC's.

The situations are different for Richt and Smart in that Smart needs to win now. Richt was highly successful at Georgia, so Smart doesn't get the new coach buffer that most coaches get. Miami has struggled for a long time and Richt has a long leash.

FiFy unless im missing something lol

Staff Writer SMDH

Advertisement

I'm no insider but I would think UM will keep an eye on the graduate transfer maret, which will probably grow after spring football ends for all
programs and we get closer to summer, especially if JC Jackson does not end up at UM.
He hasn't done much the last 2 years because of injuries and poor QB/coaching on team, but he is originally from Georgia and
This. We need immediate help at WR and CB. Best way to get that these days is via grad transfers. Bama, with all their stockpiling of talent, even had to do it last year with Richard Mullaney

Advertisement

This. We need immediate help at WR and CB. Best way to get that these days is via grad transfers. Bama, with all their stockpiling of talent, even had to do it last year with Richard Mullaney

Yep, and Bama picked up another WR from the grad transfer market a few weeks ago in Gehrig Dieter, a pretty
good WR from Bowling Green.
Not all players on your roster have to be 5-star types. You go out and find talent wherever you can.
That is what Butch and Pete Garcia good back during their UM days, as opposed to Coker, Jeff Merk and
the other clowns who succeeded him (remember JR Mounts? lol).

Alabama picks up big transfer in Bowling Green WR Gehrig Dieter - CBSSports.com

Yep, and Bama picked up another WR from the grad transfer market a few weeks ago in Gehrig Dieter, a pretty
Not all players on your roster have to be 5-star types. You go out and find talent wherever you can.
That is what Butch and Pete Garcia good back during their UM days, as opposed to Coker, Jeff Merk and

If we snagged a guy from Bowling Green people's heads would explode. Unless of course he was originally from South Florida than it would be the greatest thing outside an IPF.

If we snagged a guy from Bowling Green people's heads would explode. Unless of course he was originally from South Florida than it would be the greatest thing outside an IPF.

Not only a WR from Bowling Green, but a white one at that not from soFla who will be headed to his third school (originally attended SMU).
Some of these budding Mel Kipers have already deemed Berrios a bust who couldn't outplay 8th-grade WRs from Richmond-Perrine Optimist.

Advertisement
Back