I have never wanted a coach to win 10 games or more as much

hamburgerhipster

Band
Banned
as I want Richt to do this year.

I have been a close fan since the mid-to-late 1980s where I grew up not too far from the campus, and I think its a combination of things based on what I've noticed for the years (or in absolute terms):

1) I was young but HATED Richt in the 90s. Not just because he was at FSU, and not just because he was an ELITE playcaller (which he will be here, btw). It is because it was unfathomable to me that an ex-canes qb could go to FSU and be on their coaching staff regardless of how great an opportunity it could be for ones career. Then, as I grew up and saw him at Georgia, saw what a respectful man he was, his involvement in the FCA, and what a great job he was doing while being a moral man, it just wants me to wish him great success here ASAP.

2) It initially bothered me how he caved so easily to the UGA admin to allow their preferences for coaching/styles. But I now realize that despite not possessing the ******* gene, he genuinely was trying to be a kind man. I would not say he has gotten a gene back as much as I think he realizes his kindness was taken advantage of at UGA (especially when you read this Kirby Smart garbage) and has a fire to not only resurrect the U but show the fire that is within him, too.

3) The modern day of recruiting. It drives me nuts how open-ended recruiting in S FL has become on a global scale. And the amount of stud secrets are less under wraps with all the attention national camps, the internet, recruiting sites, etc now bring down here. More than ever I want the wins so that most of these kids realize the fire and potential of this program by staying home..... outside of watching 30:30 documentaries. I realize we won't get all the studs but I want it to get to the point where UF can't hire a HS basketball coach to get Southridge kids, or Saban magically repairs the facilities at some ghetto HS in order for player safety, etc to steal these kids based on TOTAL BS and the fact that we HAVE HAD NO AMMUNITION OUTSIDE OF ACADEMICS to go back at these schools because we have sucked on the field for at least a decade.

4) I hate what a joke Golden was. At least Coker won a NC. At least Shannon was alumni. Golden was the anti-Christ equivalent to the program: suck out the soul of what made this program great to turn them into pedo-state university. We have former players openly HATING him on social media and despite leaving a lot of the roster in relatively good shape, we have HS kids who legitimately cannot remember when we played great defense and DBs in high school not trusting coming here as much because we've recruited so poorly there relative to the talent we have.

I want this season to start. I want Richt tto win 10 games or more. I want everyone afraid of us again.

Advertisement
The last 2 CFB coaches to win a national title in their 1st year are Dennis Erickson and Larry Coker, both of whom coached at Miami. The last guy before Erickson to do that was Bennie Oosterbaan at Michigan in 1947.

I really badly want Richt to match what Erickson and Coker did their 1st year.

Last edited:
as I want Richt to do this year.

I have been a close fan since the mid-to-late 1980s where I grew up not too far from the campus, and I think its a combination of things based on what I've noticed for the years (or in absolute terms):

1) I was young but HATED Richt in the 90s. Not just because he was at FSU, and not just because he was an ELITE playcaller (which he will be here, btw). It is because it was unfathomable to me that an ex-canes qb could go to FSU and be on their coaching staff regardless of how great an opportunity it could be for ones career. Then, as I grew up and saw him at Georgia, saw what a respectful man he was, his involvement in the FCA, and what a great job he was doing while being a moral man, it just wants me to wish him great success here ASAP.

2) It initially bothered me how he caved so easily to the UGA admin to allow their preferences for coaching/styles. But I now realize that despite not possessing the ******* gene, he genuinely was trying to be a kind man. I would not say he has gotten a gene back as much as I think he realizes his kindness was taken advantage of at UGA (especially when you read this Kirby Smart garbage) and has a fire to not only resurrect the U but show the fire that is within him, too.

3) The modern day of recruiting. It drives me nuts how open-ended recruiting in S FL has become on a global scale. And the amount of stud secrets are less under wraps with all the attention national camps, the internet, recruiting sites, etc now bring down here. More than ever I want the wins so that most of these kids realize the fire and potential of this program by staying home..... outside of watching 30:30 documentaries. I realize we won't get all the studs but I want it to get to the point where UF can't hire a HS basketball coach to get Southridge kids, or Saban magically repairs the facilities at some ghetto HS in order for player safety, etc to steal these kids based on TOTAL BS and the fact that we HAVE HAD NO AMMUNITION OUTSIDE OF ACADEMICS to go back at these schools because we have sucked on the field for at least a decade.

4) I hate what a joke Golden was. At least Coker won a NC. At least Shannon was alumni. Golden was the anti-Christ equivalent to the program: suck out the soul of what made this program great to turn them into pedo-state university. We have former players openly HATING him on social media and despite leaving a lot of the roster in relatively good shape, we have HS kids who legitimately cannot remember when we played great defense and DBs in high school not trusting coming here as much because we've recruited so poorly there relative to the talent we have.

I want this season to start. I want Richt tto win 10 games or more. I want everyone afraid of us again.

Agreed. Except I never hated Richt when he was at FSU. I just thought he was taking the best paying job he could find. I also thought he was trying to learn from an all time great coach in Bobby Bowden. (Before Bowden became a walking corpse lol.)

Advertisement
Back