I guess UGA could have won a bunch of ships

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. If Rick had made that first down he’d probably have a NATTY. Right now...they’re pretty similar coaches.
You can your aunt a set of balls...

I guess the doc still has to make her a sack somehow. I think that these things are big with dogs that get neutered.

Advertisement
A national championship existed for both Richt and Smart. Kirby managed to get to his and Richt did not. The margin of separation isn't great for their first 3 years, but Kirby is marginally better due to his recruiting and championship appearance. Kirby played 7 ranked teams in 2017 with 4 of those being against top 10 opponents, while Richt played 6 ranked teams in 2002 with 1 top 10 opponent. No matter how you cut it Smart's 2017 year was better. Both coaches had a great first 3 years, but Kirby took his team further than any Richt team by making the National Championship. If you can show me a Richt team that was closer to winning a natty, I'll admit I'm wrong. If not, then you should do the same.

Lmfao. The lengths people will go to cover up their dumb arguments on messGe boards is astounding

I’m pretty sure they had a national championship game every year Richt was there and he never appeared in it. My point is that Kirby did take UGA further than richt, unless I’m forgetting a season where richt was closer to a championship than OT of the championship game.

“My point is that kirby took UGA farther because he benefitted from a system that didn’t exist when richt was coach. If that system didn’t exist, kirby would have ended up in the same exact place richt did his second year.”

Wow, great post.

“My point is that kirby took UGA farther because he benefitted from a system that didn’t exist when richt was coach. If that system didn’t exist, kirby would have ended up in the same exact place richt did his second year.”

Wow, great post.
So what you’re telling me is you can’t find a season where Richt was closer to winning a championship? Kirby had more success, beat more ranked teams, and recruited better in his first 3 seasons. Not his fault that the championship system changed. If you want to talk playoffs then Richt was 0-2 for those with largely the same roster, except he had Gurley.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back