I Gotta Ask . . .

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
I don't have the greatest faith in our DC to be "That Guy."

I would suggest that if Ed Reed can analyze NFL defenses and QB's to the point he was like a Gypsy with an instantaneous Crystal Ball - can Ed be up in the Box, mic'd up?

I would also suggest that if Ed Reed has done some studies on Sunshine - Ed's found his "tells." And every QB has "tells."

Can he be up in the Box? Mic'd up?

We'd know what Clemson was going to call before THEY do!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Word is that Diaz has designed this game plan himself. We'll see I guess.
If he did, he should fire Baker tomorrow because he’s useless. He’s not a great recruiter, nor a great position coach, nor a great game day coach so if he ain’t a **** genius at game planning, he’s got to go!
If don’t fire Baker than we know he’s too loyal with his buddies and it’s gonna bring him down someday aka when he has a subpar OC!

gene hackman flip a coin GIF

I would suggest that if Ed Reed can analyze NFL defenses and QB's to the point he was like a Gypsy with an instantaneous Crystal Ball - can Ed be up in the Box, mic'd up?

I would also suggest that if Ed Reed has done some studies on Sunshine - Ed's found his "tells." And every QB has "tells."

Ed has to be out there cause u have to have the horses as well. Ain't no one Ed lol

Advertisement
Ed has to be out there cause u have to have the horses as well. Ain't no one Ed lol

I didn't suggest anyone on our team was a young Ed Reed.

Just saying - he can look at an NFL QB and have a good idea what he's wanting to do - what the offense is doing and it's tendencies, and when a formation come up - he pretty much knows where it's going.

You have a Master Offense Analyst from the defensive side right there on the sideline. I just think it would be beneficial to have him upstairs sharing his observations.

OR - he can suggest to the Refs which players they should watch. I prefer the former.

I didn't suggest anyone on our team was a young Ed Reed.

Just saying - he can look at an NFL QB and have a good idea what he's wanting to do - what the offense is doing and it's tendencies, and when a formation come up - he pretty much knows where it's going.

You have a Master Offense Analyst from the defensive side right there on the sideline. I just think it would be beneficial to have him upstairs sharing his observations.

OR - he can suggest to the Refs which players they should watch. I prefer the former.
Yea he possibly can help I get what u mean....but if we put jennings on Entienne man oh man. Tough task man

Well I guess it was a good thing he wasn't buddies with Enos then...
No doubt. It was great to see Manny realized his mistake and change after 1 year but at the end of the day, he never worked with Enos before hiring him, he wasn’t a buddy, dude was hired for his rep as a football coach. If Enos is the coach we are probably looking at a 1-2 record with a close FSU game and Manny is on a **** hot seat looking to an exit like Golden after a blowout against the same team.

If he did, he should fire Baker tomorrow because he’s useless. He’s not a great recruiter, nor a great position coach, nor a great game day coach so if he ain’t a **** genius at game planning, he’s got to go!
If don’t fire Baker than we know he’s too loyal with his buddies and it’s gonna bring him down someday aka when he has a subpar OC!
Trust me when I tell you that I know exactly where you are coming from. He is certainly not a great recruiter and his prowess as a position coach is questionable at best. I think Baker has improved as a game planner and that no doubt comes with experience and a better understanding of the defense he is running and his personnel. Diaz didn't just hire him because Mrs Baker makes a great Jumbalaya. Diaz saw something in him. We'll see if that was justified soon enough.

Advertisement
Baker is a kid among adults. Coach DIAZ almost has a perfect coaching staff. Almost. I think we will find out SATURDAY.
Wut??? Miami has one of the worst defensive staff in the power 5

Hopefully you’re trolling and I missed it

I think Diaz has to be heavily involved with the game plan for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Reed had some part as well.

Diaz’s genius as a DC was in his second half adjustments. I used to remark that we could be getting worked all first half but by mid 3rd and definitely 4th quarter, we were locked in allowing next to nothing. Does Manny have enough time to analyze how to switch up during halftime and adjust given his current responsibilities as Head Coach? That was the difference maker and where he should be dialed in since it made a difference. That or train someone properly to know what to look for.

Advertisement
Diaz’s genius as a DC was in his second half adjustments. I used to remark that we could be getting worked all first half but by mid 3rd and definitely 4th quarter, we were locked in allowing next to nothing. Does Manny have enough time to analyze how to switch up during halftime and adjust given his current responsibilities as Head Coach? That was the difference maker and where he should be dialed in since it made a difference. That or train someone properly to know what to look for.

I think having a guy like Lashlee you can trust on O will fire him up if he wants to do more on defense in game if needed.

The belief is Ed is instills his wisdom on the safety position, that why this group has been performing at a good level. Ed Reed is probably coaching them up after practice and teaching them how to study qb thoughts on a play.

It would be foolish not to take advantage of ER20's knowledge when facing a QB like TL. Gotta believe Ed's been involved in dissecting the Clem$on offense.

Advertisement
Back