I got a solution for the NIL/Transfers Portal ....

Will this work ?

• Naw dog , No

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Yes , I see your vison

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yes, I see your vision

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1CN

Sophomore
NIL is the greatest thing in college sport in my opinion and NCAA has not lost one thin dime of its billion-dollar profit.
Let that sink in.

The true problem for the middle-of-the-road teams is the Transfer Portal.
These teams are investing time and money into these 3/4/5 stars athletes, just to have them porch away once
their brand is of value.

I see this as an easy fix by offering college athletes two-year scholarships. Allow school to Increase their COA.

Eliminated the non-loss of games if one/student decides to transfer
to half a season ( 6 games). Exclude all graduated seniors. Even special cases or immediate transfers most sit out half a season. Eliminated red-shirt year athletes, by allowing athletes 5 years of eligibility.

*** If a head coach takes another job, that school must lose 2 scholarships and is gained by his former employer***
This eliminated the student vs coach free movement argument.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No one ever thought nil would take money away from the ncaa, Almost all their revenue is from march madness. What it does is create even less parity than there already was, and it Is becoming the major factor in recruiting, which was obvious. The rules aren’t going backwards…

I don't see a 6 game sit out as the answer. Unless you maybe add in the player can't even practice with the team for that entire time including fall camp. Your idea just seems to allow teams to pay and get stronger at the end of the year when most teams are starting to wear down.

No one ever thought nil would take money away from the ncaa, Almost all their revenue is from march madness. What it does is create even less parity than there already was, and it Is becoming the major factor in recruiting, which was obvious. The rules aren’t going backwards…
In ten years at most their will be a super conference that has no ties to the NCAA. They will control the tv revenue and college sports as a whole will suffer immensely. Just my thoughts about the way things are trending.

Not sure how to make this work for high school kids but why not make the team pay a transfer fee to the team losing the player like in EPL?

Advertisement
OP is right from a technical standpoint. NIL isn't a problem because institutions beennpaying plays. It's just not taboo anymore. It does, however crate a more robust parity across cfb.
The problem has been and will continue to be the portal and tampering. There needs to be cons attached to the pro. Some good points raised by OP, but schools not going to punish themselves.

Advertisement
OP is right from a technical standpoint. NIL isn't a problem because institutions beennpaying plays. It's just not taboo anymore. It does, however crate a more robust parity across cfb.
The problem has been and will continue to be the portal and tampering. There needs to be cons attached to the pro. Some good points raised by OP, but schools not going to punish themselves.
Any school still tampering is stupid. All a college has to do is make it known to all of college football that they are willing to pay big money for NIL. Make it a public thing. Then watch the athletes reach out to the school. No need to tamper. The kids will recruit themselves.

In ten years at most their will be a super conference that has no ties to the NCAA. They will control the tv revenue and college sports as a whole will suffer immensely. Just my thoughts about the way things are trending.
That's gonna happen once Texas and OK get into the SEC... No way to stop it..All conferences will essentially become their own leagues... College ball will only be College Ball in name only... It's absolutely Pro Ball now and will continue to operate as such and continue to create rules associated with it's growing Professional business structure....

STOP TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO LIMIT THESE ATHLETES EARNING POTENTIAL!!! #FCKNHYPOCRITES
Especially in football where every player is literally 1 play away form having a career ending injury. Make as much money as you can and as early as you can because nothing in the future is guaranteed.

Advertisement
Don’t some P5 conferences already have 4 year scholarships? Regardless, this isn’t a solution.

You want fewer transfers, and better talent distribution? Reduce rosters from 85 to 70, increments of 5, every 2 or 3 seasons. Maximum recruiting class size of 20, maybe 18.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back