I-formation

TheZacMamba

Recruit
I was ****ed majority of the game and dont recall ever seeing this iformation we heard so much about or realus in the game at all. I know choc played but recall him always being in a shotgun/pistol set. Anyone know if we did and if it was successful?

Advertisement
We are a cupcake offense. Older head coaches often lazily transition to this type of thing. I've warned about it many times. They get tired of actual blocking required to dislodge huge human beings out of the way for the running game. Much easier to toss it over their head and use something called the RPO as excuse.

Shula did the same thing with the Dolphins. Just throw it every play. Marino is plenty of rationale. Nobody will blame me. In 1994 the Dolphins led San Diego the entire playoff game yet were outrushed 40 attempts to 8, before losing in the final minute. Those Dolphins had countless games with laughably low rushing attempt numbers, even though it was long before the rules changes that really hindered the secondary in terms of what it could do.

Bobby Bowden didn't want to bother with the running game in his later years at Florida State.

Richt used the I formation as a brief tease here. I remember the 80 yard Mark Walton touchdown run to open the game at Appalachian State.

Advertisement
We are a cupcake offense. Older head coaches often lazily transition to this type of thing. I've warned about it many times. They get tired of actual blocking required to dislodge huge human beings out of the way for the running game. Much easier to toss it over their head and use something called the RPO as excuse.

Shula did the same thing with the Dolphins. Just throw it every play. Marino is plenty of rationale. Nobody will blame me. In 1994 the Dolphins led San Diego the entire playoff game yet were outrushed 40 attempts to 8, before losing in the final minute. Those Dolphins had countless games with laughably low rushing attempt numbers, even though it was long before the rules changes that really hindered the secondary in terms of what it could do.

Bobby Bowden didn't want to bother with the running game in his later years at Florida State.

Richt used the I formation as a brief tease here. I remember the 80 yard Mark Walton touchdown run to open the game at Appalachian State.
The bad snap and awful kick by Stoyanovich with one second left haunt me to this day. San Diego ended up beating Pittsburgh and I wonder if we would have, too.

Bumping this after I just watched the highlights. What are we doing offensively. That was a much better offense.

Advertisement
All I recall is 245lb Choc moving to the side instead of pass protecting. The legend that never was.
That play showed why Choc never played that much here. He was scared to take on the lb block and just moved to the side and he had the **** nerve to turn his head around like. "I hope Rosier doesn't get hurt" look... We have a 5 star running back and I don't think he got any touches

We have dudes that can shake, fly past ppl and need open space. Get that I -Formation out my face. That’s Richt prob now, he’s stuck in the 90s

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back