I figured out Richts model career trajectory while our coach

hamburgerhipster

Band
Banned
And it's undoubtedly Roy Williams. An amazing man that has an unbelievable sense of ethics to
His players athletic and non-athletic development.

A guy arriving to his alma mater school in a sense as a very good seasoned coach. A guy who
Unfortunately was criticized heavily by that schools Fan base for not winning the big one with superior talent.

But when he makes his symbolic return to his root school he goes
On a long 10-15 year run and wins 2-3 nc I along the way. The extra familiarity, past coaching seasoning, and climatic return to his start is the extra edge in getting over the hump for the big one.

Richt won't be jimmy Johnson much like Roy wasn't dean smith.
But he will be excellent in his own right.

2 nc over the next decade. 2 runner ups as well.

Advertisement
I had him pegged more as the Bobby Knight type, considering his humble approach and calm demeanor.

Advertisement
I hope that that Richt ends up like Roy Williams. But until he Richt wins a national title you can't say for sure.

Advertisement
The thing that amazes me about CMR, is that he knows how to, and has done three amazing things in a little over a year: Coached well, recruited lights out, and surrounded himself with a knockout coaching staff.

His Pastorship and Homer spirit is bonus material.

You're predicting 4 natty appearances in 10 years? hmm

Gotcha. Yep. I think we play in our first in two years.

This year i have us struggling to find the man at qb for a bit early until Perry takes over. I have us winning the acc this year with two losses and getting revenge in the acc championship game.

11-3 overall. Loss in bowl game.

Advertisement
The thing that amazes me about CMR, is that he knows how to, and has done three amazing things in a little over a year: Coached well, recruited lights out, and surrounded himself with a knockout coaching staff.

His Pastorship and Homer spirit is bonus material.

The pastorship goes over BIG with the Moms of respective recruits.

Most coaches learn how to be a head coach at a smaller school, then work their way up. Richt was thrown into the deep end at UGA, and did well from the start, then lost his way, giving up a lot of the coaching, to be more of the CEO. I think he recognized the mistake, and he also did not have the control in Athens that he has at Miami. From what I can tell, they've given him the ok to do everything the way he wants, and he's back coaching, which should keep him and the team focused.

OL and QB are the questions this year, and even the OL came on later in the year, once they shuffled people around Linder was out with the injury, so I think they should be able to put together a decent unit, leaving the big question at QB.

Advertisement
Back