I don't think we fully appreciate what happened this weekend

citizenkane

Redshirt Freshman
It wasn't just ending the streak. It was a whole lot more than that.
Back in 2010 when Jimbo took over he had a big win against Miami to start the streak and start their domination of Florida recruiting.

Our win this week may have just turned the tables on them. Not only did we stop the streak but we have left FSU in SHAMBLES. They are 1-3 and for the second straight year their national title and ACC goals are over. That is earth shattering. A team that has finished top 10 recruiting class for the last 4 years has essentially NOTHING to play for the rest of year and we are in the first week of October.

Add to this that UF is also unranked with 2 losses and is unlikely to make it to the SEC Championship game. Their coach might just be dead man walking.

This is the defining moment that Richt can seize upon to sway the top Florida talent here and give us the edge in our home state for a long time to come. This is the moment we can reclaim our position as the top team in Florida

Advertisement
I’ve been wanting the turds to beat the holes for a number of seasons now, a mediocre UF and fsu are better for us than a good fsu and a ***** uf

Advertisement
I just hope our team isn't as caught up with that win as the fans are. A lot of season left to play.

The upside potential of Saturday is almost unlimited. The flip side we are merely two equally crappy teams so the game look exciting. We had several years like that before Jimbo. I think this was more like a superior team heading downward, noles, and inferior team on the way up, the Canes. We where ships passing in the night. Noles heading for the rocks we have been being bashed on for year while we are clearing the harbor for open seas.

Every win for us now is not additive but rather exponential until we reach critical mass and then nuclear. Kids watch THE U on ESPN and want to be on THAT team. What kid would not. That does not mean they what to take a chance on trying to rebuild it. That is a smaller number of kids. Once the kids see us like THAT team, they will flock to us and we will reclaim our proper place on top of the mountain and bid farewell to Bama. Nick will retire or go back to the NFL like Steve did after we whupped the gators in Sugar Bowl -- he wanted nothing to do with competing with us after that. That is how big Saturday could be.

It is unlikely, but if we win out and take on Bama in the NC after a win over Clemson, it will be the NE game in the OB all over again. Bama will be odds on favorite with us having no shot. If we win it will again turn the college football world upside down and the real hated will spring forth. That is how big Saturday could be. As it is, the cost of purchasing SO Fl talent just wen up for our opponents. It takes some serious gold to balance visions of being an old school Cane.

The upside potential of Saturday is almost unlimited. The flip side we are merely two equally crappy teams so the game look exciting. We had several years like that before Jimbo. I think this was more like a superior team heading downward, noles, and inferior team on the way up, the Canes. We where ships passing in the night. Noles heading for the rocks we have been being bashed on for year while we are clearing the harbor for open seas.

Every win for us now is not additive but rather exponential until we reach critical mass and then nuclear. Kids watch THE U on ESPN and want to be on THAT team. What kid would not. That does not mean they what to take a chance on trying to rebuild it. That is a smaller number of kids. Once the kids see us like THAT team, they will flock to us and we will reclaim our proper place on top of the mountain and bid farewell to Bama. Nick will retire or go back to the NFL like Steve did after we whupped the gators in Sugar Bowl -- he wanted nothing to do with competing with us after that. That is how big Saturday could be.

It is unlikely, but if we win out and take on Bama in the NC after a win over Clemson, it will be the NE game in the OB all over again. Bama will be odds on favorite with us having no shot. If we win it will again turn the college football world upside down and the real hated will spring forth. That is how big Saturday could be. As it is, the cost of purchasing SO Fl talent just wen up for our opponents. It takes some serious gold to balance visions of being an old school Cane.

Well said and interesting perspective.... though I would love to see it I have strong doubts we can win out unless we begin starting games on more solid footing on both sides of the ball ... this O on and D off or vice versa will ultimately catch up to us

Advertisement
I fully embraced it Saturday when the clock hit 00...

For 2 years now and especially when we fired Golden and hired Richt I had a hand full of friends who cheer for FSU tell me they feel the tables are about to turn. This was their time to win multiple national titles and they didn't. They knew Richt would start picking up the talent and improving Miami's recruiting.

Look on the field for FSU on Saturday and tell me how many 4 and 5 star guys did they have playing against us?? How many did we have??

Where was 5* George Campbell?? Derwin "the next ST" James?? Josh Sweat?? Levonta Taylor??

All these high rated 4* players they have on the OL??? WR?? LB??....

I'm on YouTube everyday watching the highlights...... Thanks Richt Era

I've watched probably every highlight tape there is of that game a couple times each and probably watched the last drive/TD 25-30 times.

Beating FSU is always great. And should be expected. As D Money said, they are the intercontinental champion to our world champion.

But we measure success with rings.

Advertisement

Well said and interesting perspective.... though I would love to see it I have strong doubts we can win out unless we begin starting games on more solid footing on both sides of the ball ... this O on and D off or vice versa will ultimately catch up to us

Ah, but the week after we beat the noles is not the time for looking at any possible empty part of the glass. Been a long time since we had some results to be happy over instead of just promise. As Odd Ball said in Kelly's Heroes, "stop with the negative waves"

I just hope our team isn't as caught up with that win as the fans are. A lot of season left to play.

I bet they're not actually, look at it this way, I've been a season ticket holder for longer than anyone on that team has been alive, by a large margin. Most of these players have only been fans for a few years maybe more.

I think we do grasp how big the win was.

All the good vibes...IPF, newly renovated ROCK, recruiting looking up, stability among coaching staff,bowl win...all remain stagnant with a f$u loss. The current state of the program had topped out up until Sat...nothing else could move forward without a win over f$u.

It was huge. It magnifies all the above good things going for us now. We’re in the drivers seat again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back