I don’t get a lot of cane fans.

D

deleted20931

I lived in GA my whole life but have pulled for Miami from a young age. Got Sebastian classic tattoo on my calf. Haven’t missed watching a game in over 10 years, been to dozens of games, donated thousands to the U.

In college football you have to pretty much go undefeated to win it all, or at best one loss.
In 15 years Richt had 1 season he lost just 1 game.
His average was 3.2 losses per year. So when Miami hired him, I knew what we were getting.
A wise man said “when someone shows you who they are, believe them”
Richt has showed the world he is a good coach, but never great. He never went undefeated, he one the Sec once. We should believe him. So why do we get mad or upset with his record here at Miami, it’s not his fault. He is being who he always was and will be. Anyone that was delusional enough to think he would win us a championship doesn’t know sports. He was not some up and coming coach trying to prove his name at big name program. He was Mr reliable at one of the best schools in the country and had some of the nations best talent pool around him.
So yea, we all want him fired but we cant be mad at him or blame him. This hire falls strictly on the AD and President.
But Let’s be honest, the U hasn’t cared about football since the liberal nut Shalala took over. This goes back to her. The school wants a clean image of having a good citizen coach who can keep his players out of trouble, mentor them to be great young men, change the culture and image, help them graduate and be a positive contributor to society.
The Miami of old won’t come back, it can’t. We will have a few good years and mostly average years like now. A broken clock is still correct once a day.

The problem is much deeper than Richt, he is exactly who we knew he was. We can’t be mad at him. Firing him won’t solve the problem. Just like firing Coker, Shannon and Golden didn’t. If Miami wants to win a championship it has to change from the top down.

So to finish my rambling, here what anyone who can step away from the emotional and think logical has concluded.
*South FLa kids are not the same as they use to be. We need to expand outside the state, especially for the trenches. We should be a 60/40 program.
*Firing Richt won’t change a thing unless Julio and Blake changes. Either they need to be replaced or we need someone with the mentality of Saban who says”I am the CEO of the football program, I need an open checkbook and to make 100% of the calls and decision for the team or I’m not interested”
*Admin, players and fans have got to move on, both from the good and the bad. We don’t need to try to fix our image or walk on eggshells but we also are not a dominate powerhouse that picks on the 800lb gorilla. We need to build for the future and build a new identity. Not by fixing the past or trying to relive it, that is exactly what Richt is doing.
We need fresh blood and mind who doesn’t give a **** about history, good or bad, and wants to build this thing from the ground up and be relevant to football today.

Frankly, with the way the game has evolved, defense doesn’t win championships anymore. Everyone is so concerned about safety and not hurting the QB we have evolved into glorified flag football league and the NFL is even worse.
So unless we have a forward thinking coach who will be pass happy and take advantage of the new rules to protect players, we don’t have a chance.
Smash mouth football doesn’t exist anymore and Richt hasn’t embraced that.

Advertisement
The entire administration needs to be gutted. Until they make UM football a priority we will never win a NC again. Also fck Richt he needs fired ASAP.

#stayhomeflythebanner

Really agree with what you said about admin ... needs to be gutted. People seem to forget what put this university on the map

Advertisement
20 years ago! Bobby Bowden won a National Championship and how did those final years go for him. What happened once they got a new coach? If im not mistaken, I think he won a national championship.

It was just a correction...Calm down. And he won it 3 and 16 years ago...More corrections

Last edited:
JS: The Admin/BOT not only coughed up some dough to get Richt "not to retire" they spent a lot on a search firm, Korn Ferry, presumably a top notch one. Wonder why we don't bash these guys, who reportedly surveyed some smart folks who came up with 4 names NOT RICHT:
SEE ATTACH-1

I would almost say the Admin did what they needed to, in leaving the search and choice to the pro's ->
SEE ATTACH-2

And not all the smart money said Richt would be a disaster:
SEE ATTACH-3

Capturea3.PNG
Capturea2.PNG
Capturea1.PNG

Nice another ATL UTD fan; think we will beat the Red Bull’s in the conference finals ?

Advertisement
This university never could do anything right. Even with the push for academics under Shalala we have dropped to #53 after being #38 just a few years ago. Also can’t understand why they killed the football program with these awful coaching hires when the school was making a lot of money when the teams were good from tickets and merchandise sales. The problems with that program could have been fixed with careful monitoring.
Things haven’t really improved with the place from when I was there. The campus is prettier, but that’s about it. It’s still Sun Tan U as far as I can see.

Great post. Disagree with your take on defence not winning championships. But, I understand the point you're making.

I lived in GA my whole life but have pulled for Miami from a young age. Got Sebastian classic tattoo on my calf. Haven’t missed watching a game in over 10 years, been to dozens of games, donated thousands to the U.

In college football you have to pretty much go undefeated to win it all, or at best one loss.
His average was 3.2 losses per year. So when Miami hired him, I knew what we were getting.
Richt has showed the world he is a good coach, but never great. He never went undefeated, he one the Sec once. We should believe him. So why do we get mad or upset with his record here at Miami, it’s not his fault. He is being who he always was and will be. Anyone that was delusional enough to think he would win us a championship doesn’t know sports. He was not some up and coming coach trying to prove his name at big name program. He was Mr reliable at one of the best schools in the country and had some of the nations best talent pool around him.
So yea, we all want him fired but we cant be mad at him or blame him. This hire falls strictly on the AD and President.
But Let’s be honest, the U hasn’t cared about football since the liberal nut Shalala took over. This goes back to her. The school wants a clean image of having a good citizen coach who can keep his players out of trouble, mentor them to be great young men, change the culture and image, help them graduate and be a positive contributor to society.
The Miami of old won’t come back, it can’t. We will have a few good years and mostly average years like now. A broken clock is still correct once a day.

The problem is much deeper than Richt, he is exactly who we knew he was. We can’t be mad at him. Firing him won’t solve the problem. Just like firing Coker, Shannon and Golden didn’t. If Miami wants to win a championship it has to change from the top down.

So to finish my rambling, here what anyone who can step away from the emotional and think logical has concluded.
*South FLa kids are not the same as they use to be. We need to expand outside the state, especially for the trenches. We should be a 60/40 program.
*Firing Richt won’t change a thing unless Julio and Blake changes. Either they need to be replaced or we need someone with the mentality of Saban who says”I am the CEO of the football program, I need an open checkbook and to make 100% of the calls and decision for the team or I’m not interested”
*Admin, players and fans have got to move on, both from the good and the bad. We don’t need to try to fix our image or walk on eggshells but we also are not a dominate powerhouse that picks on the 800lb gorilla. We need to build for the future and build a new identity. Not by fixing the past or trying to relive it, that is exactly what Richt is doing.
We need fresh blood and mind who doesn’t give a **** about history, good or bad, and wants to build this thing from the ground up and be relevant to football today.

Frankly, with the way the game has evolved, defense doesn’t win championships anymore. Everyone is so concerned about safety and not hurting the QB we have evolved into glorified flag football league and the NFL is even worse.
So unless we have a forward thinking coach who will be pass happy and take advantage of the new rules to protect players, we don’t have a chance.

That was a lot of words, let me see if I can sum it up:

Richt is who he is so we should just be ok with that and not complain. After all we were asking for it by hiring him.

That about right?

Advertisement
Totally incorrect about the university not caring about football.

That was my main concern at the end of the Golden tenure. Clearly we had value buy coaches for the last 30 years...but they spent for Richt. Whether or not he's the right man, whether or not he's riding into the sunset, etc.....all of that can be discussed.

What cannot is the university put more resources into the football program. I truly was not sure if they would or not, and I had REAL concerns that this program was truly dead before Richt was hired. Those fears have been alleviated. It is not dead. $4M+ for a HC, $1M for a DC, etc. That's real money. You can win with guys in that range. If this isn't the right staff, so be it. Oregon spends a ton of money on football, they've been going backwards since Kelly left. Not many spend more than FSU, they're in free fall. It happens. But someone can win here, make no mistake about it. Maybe it's not Richt and these 10 guys he has. But the resources are there to make it happen. Step back from the ledge.

LMAO at "a broken clock

"a broken clock is correct once a day"
502.gif

The entire administration needs to be gutted. Until they make UM football a priority we will never win a NC again. Also fck Richt he needs fired ASAP.

#stayhomeflythebanner

But was UM Football ever a priority? Isnt that why Jimmy and Butch let?

Advertisement
Probably not but times have changed. Money talks .
Times have changed but unfortunately the University doesnt make their money from Athletics like the other blue bloods. So the alabama, texas, and Georgia money will never be put into the program because they don't need it for the University to thrive. It is what it is

thanks

Advertisement
Back