I did a quick segment for a radio show this morning...

k9cane

Senior
for a station in Boston to talk some boxing and they wanted me to talk a bit about college football and Miami( the host- Anthony Pepe- knows Im a big fan) and the other co-host told an interesting story of when Al Golden was an assistant at BC. He said that when he was at a Red Sox game at Fenway that they ran into him after the game and he asked if he could have their ticket stubs. They asked why, and Golden said,"Well, we want to fax these to all our recruits and write,'This is what we did tonight.'

I thought it was a neat little story. The guy has all the bases covered it seems like

Uh, yeah, 'he gets it'

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did you discuss Kelcie "Mr. Mix" Banks on the show?

Kelcie Banks!!!! 1988 US Olympian!!! Was a very good amateur, but once that head-gear came off, it turned out he couldn't take a punch all that well...

He hit like a tea cup on top of it. A feeble beard and the inability to break and egg with his fist was certainly a tough combination to overcome for the immortal Mr. Mix.

Advertisement

Kelcie Banks!!!! 1988 US Olympian!!! Was a very good amateur, but once that head-gear came off, it turned out he couldn't take a punch all that well...

He hit like a tea cup on top of it. A feeble beard and the inability to break and egg with his fist was certainly a tough combination to overcome for the immortal Mr. Mix.

Chise, I remember Banks being heavily hyped because of his personality and stuff and he was a bust. That US team was loaded, had Roy Jones, Bowe, Michael Carbajal and another guy or two that were solid pro's...

Chise, I remember Banks being heavily hyped because of his personality and stuff and he was a bust. That US team was loaded, had Roy Jones, Bowe, Michael Carbajal and another guy or two that were solid pro's...

Did Carbajal win gold? I know the other 2 didn't (Roy was Jobbed and Lennox Tko'd Bowe)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back