I am guessing we wont hear anything this week now.

Not that there will be a publicly-disclosed roll call vote, but it is safe to say that some of the Emeriti members are pretty old guard in their ways. Plus, I think we know why DiMare may have some trepidation.

---Johnny Taylor, who I was friends with at UM, comes from an HR/Personnel background. He will respect the process, but it might also be hard to predict his vote if there are red flags. Otherwise, he is an "alum of the 80s" who loves the football team, but I wouldn't guarantee how he would vote ON THIS ISSUE ALONE. What is interesting to me is if the Louisville case (NCAA and/or FBI) is old and cold, I thought I saw someone post that the NCAA case is technically still active.

---Chuck Cobb has been on the BOT for forever, except when he was the Ambassador to Iceland under Bush I. Hard to predict his vote, though I have always had very pleasant interactions with him, I don't think he's a hard-a$$, but he has extensive corporate background.

---I think most people would put David Epstein and Stuart Miller in the old(er) guard, but I'm not 100% sure.

---Marcus Lemonis has not really used his power or celebrity before, and even in this, he is drafting off of Jose Mas, which helps the cause.

---I don't think A-Rod will be super-bothered by the background check, but I'm not sure how active he is. For something like this, I could see him making a bigger effort to attend and vote (same with Bernie from the Emeriti list).

---Ron Stone and Ed Williamson have been on the BOT forever too. In the Emeriti category, so too have been Carlos de la Cruz and Alfonso "Big Sugar" Fanjul.

---I'm sure a bunch of people recognize many of those names either from UM buildings or other buildings in Miami and/or those people being the glitterati/Illuminati of South Florida.

View attachment 162736

View attachment 162737
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Hope it eventually comes out which board members are standing in the way of athletic progress.

I am ok if some don't take an interest in sports, it is a university after-all. Academics should always be first and foremost. But, if the football team is not your thing then just sit this one out. Dont **** in the cheerios of the people who do value it or get involved where your not qualified.

Advertisement
It would be funny if A-Rod was holding up the process due to ethical concerns about the AD hire.

Breaking news, I have a couple of pics from the Hugh Freeze interview...

images

images

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can only repeat, background checks take time.
Franklin covered up rape and just signed a 10 year deal at a school that covered up rape.

I’m sure we could resolve a sneaker snafu we were also allegedly involved in 😎

I knew that was bullshlt the second I saw the thread title and saw who posted it. That guy has yet to break anything, but he prances around like he’s an insider.

Jack be not so nimble.
@OriginalCanesCanesCanes lol. don't need your acceptance. things going on behind the scenes between groups people already alluded to it in this thread. I never said when it was gonna get announced just that it was done. you can believe me or not, don't care. I already called you *** out on previously breaking news.

I'll remind you again. doesn't get much bigger than these two. again you are welcome. @TeeCane @1hurricane @Go Canes!!

Rhett?
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/rhett-lashlee.157132/

King?
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/🚨-breaking-news-king-publicly-commits-🚨-the-deriq-king-thread.157564/

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Lake is saying exactly what I said Monday and you said I was “hedging”. Even though I never said who was hired, i still don’t know how that’s hedging but whatever.

I also got called a “click baiter” for those posts. Posts I only made because of what i’d heard in the middle of the night early Monday, there was possibly somebody else in the running because of the split in the Bot . That eventually came out.

The funny thing is I only posted that info because of a post I made in the AD thread, I put ” it really is TNM”. I’d heard the same names as other people and pit out a cryptic message. I figured I’d make a post to clear things up since people watch what I say. I didn’t want to lead folks on.
Is he saying exactly what you said Monday though?

Advertisement
Back