I’m so proud of this program.

drewm3i

Junior
Joined
Oct 6, 2014
Messages
3,814
We have come so far, and we have fought through so much: we have battled back against seemingly impossible odds to rejoin the elite of the sport - and we have done so with class, integrity, grit, and sheer will: Mario’s character and DNA are imbued in this program, and you see it on the field through the players and coaching staff.

Last night was cathartic for me and the ~20K or so Cane fans that made the trip. We did not play a perfect game, left a solid 11 points of the field, and walked out of (the most cordial) Death Valley (I’ve ever been to) with a convincing over an opponent who is solid, respectable - and whom played their guts out. Clemson also has arguably two Day 1 corners and WRs apiece, so that is not some talentless team we just beat 41-13 at their house in prime time in front of a packed house.

I sat through 58-0 in 2015 - so when our Canes were headed to Clemson with a chance for redemption in the form of a potential “get-back game” - for heartbreakers in 2004 and 2009, and beatings in 2015, 2017, and 2020 at the hands of the Tigers - I just had to make the trip with my wife; and about 20K Canes fans also felt similarly! Our presence was felt from the tailgate to the post-game celebration on the field!!! From the moment I stepped foot on that campus, I knew from the pulse of the town that we were going to win, and win handily - and so it was.

And to battle through so many injuries? How special that Mario has this program at a level where it is literally plug-and-play! I am very happy as all of us should be: for we have come far, and the journey has been long and arduous (and not done yet!}.

As an aside, I was very impressed with Clemson on every level - the campus, the facilities, the quality of people, and the institution and its messaging as a whole. I was also very pleased to see the quality of Canes fans who made the trip. All in all, what a great experience, and what a great outcome! Dunnigan’s pick-6, and the on-field fan celebration afterwards typified a near-perfect night for me!

Also, it was great to meet you @DMoney at the half!

Go Canes, and it is great to be a Miami Hurricane!
 
Back
Top