I’m sittin back drinking & thinking

Advertisement
No, but he did get wrapped up with a broad on the way out there and many on the 86 team still hold a grudge against him to this day for not being as prepared as he should have.

Advertisement
Let me tell u some bruh. I don’t play those type of games. You can post what you want but I don’t rock like that. I’m straight and love women. So don’t ever come at me like that again. U got me ****ed up
Oh my goodness, friend.

I sincerely apologize.

I certainly didn’t mean to upset you.

Let’s sort this out in the PM’s.

:)

Advertisement
Vinnie chucked a half dozen interceptions in the bowl game against Tennessee the year before, so there was some precedent for Vinnie's performance in that Fiasco Bowl game.
Never a Vinny fan after the UT game. I don’t know whether he deliberately lost two NC games but always felt he had a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head. His ability to throw picks at the worst time possible certainly carried over to his pro career and defined him as a QB.

I still remember that game. Vinnie had a bad game, one of his worst games in his career. It happens. While I'm a huge Jimmy Johnson fan, I put a lot of that loss squarely on JJ. Vinnie struggled much of the game, while our running game was very effective. For some reason on that last drive, in the redzone, with enough time left, JJ decided to abandon the effective run game and have a struggling QB throw over and over again.

Advertisement
Here are the Top 5 main story lines that have been tossed back and forth about that game:

1) Vinny wasn’t right because of the scooter accident at the end of the regular season.

2) Vinny wasn’t right because he got involved with a girl in Arizona.

3) JJ was stubbornly determined to win the game through the air with his Heisman QB even though his QB kept throwing picks.

4) Jimmy/Gary Stevens wanted to run the ball, but Vinny kept checking out of the run plays so he could throw more even though PSU was dropping everyone into coverage.

5) Vinny took a dive.

Which “true story” is likely to come to light first? This one or the JFK assassination?

Do any of y’all Eva just sit back & wonder if Vinny got paid off in the Fiesta Bowl? Everytime I think about it I get ****ed off. It’s jus no ****** way u throw that many picks man!!!!!🤦🏾‍♂️😡
Nope. I wonder why the **** JJ kept ca;;ing pass plays in red zone when Highsmith was breaking their kneck running the ball -- was there soemthing about the same 3-8 defense Johnnie Majors had used the year before in the Sugar Bowl that JJ didn't remember? Worst coaching of JJ's career. Vinny's strength was his long ball not his short passing so double stupid on JJ.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back