I’ll be one of the enablers.

I’ll be there. It’s barely October and most of our Home games are nearly done. Way too early to miss games and fly banners but I’m not hating when we are 2-3, do you.

Advertisement
I’m torn. On one hand you feed the university with money they misuse and claim not to have and on the other you want to support the canes players cause they’re a part of UM family forever now.

I'm all for enablers at this junction

So long as you boo unceasingly when Flake Blames is on the screeen

Were only 5 or 6 plays from being undefeated.......according to some posters.

Those posters are correct no matter what side of the fence you sit on.

We are also a play or two to losing to CMU. Five or six more plays from bigger deficits in out losses.

The plays happened as they happened and there's no changing that. Nobody wants a moral victory, is asking for one, and they still are losses at the end of the day. Yes though, we were a few plays, even with our poor play, from having a far better record.

I am going to set aside that UM is bigger than the athletic department or UM football, and that I (and others like me) show up to games to support our beloved alma mater and the team we love in the city we love, and address what I consider the illogical position of the "make the admin pay" and "15+ years of this is enough" mob.

For starters, Blake James should have never been made AD. Never. He's Shalala's final "fvck you" to UM fans. Manny was a lazy hire, but Blake James was the laziest hire. The guy came up through sales/ticketing/retail ops and didn't (doesn't) know a **** thing about football. Frankly, he got lucky that Kirby "it's pronounced weez-EL" Hocutt ran for cover just before the Shapiro (die slow in a fire) scandal broke open, leaving the administration scrambling for the likes of Shawn "the dope" Eichorst, who ran for the hills once his dumb a$$ finally realized he's inherited a scorched program. That's how Blake James, the ticket jockey, fell backwards into a job he wasn't qualified for.

But remember, Blake James did not officially take over as AD until 2013 (he was the interim AD for a few months). He's only been the AD here for 1/3 of the time since UM football hit the ****ter. And inexplicably, in May 2018, he was given an extension through 2023, after winning the Coastal for the first time in his 5 years as AD. UM's record during those 5 years: 42-23. That's a paltry 8.4 wins per season (including bowl games). The rest of those horrible years were overseen by the aforementioned wastes of human flesh, and a geriatric Paul Dee (may he rest in peace).

The point being, Blake James and Jenny Strawley are not the disease... they are just the most recent symptoms. Just like Eichorst and Hocutt before them. Just like Coker/Shannon/Golden/Richt were before Manny. You want to fire the entire athletic department?? Ok, that's fine. Lord knows they do not deserve their jobs. Boycott the games? You do you, man. Empty those seats. Fly a banner pre-game? It's tasteless and shameful to the university as a whole, but you can't stop two-dozen imbeciles living in their mother's new boyfriend's basement from crowd sourcing what is, for many of us, the cost equivalent of a night out with their wife. Go ahead.

But don't expect things to suddenly get better or meaningfully change. Many of the same people who made the questionable decision to hire James, and most of the people who made the horrible decision to extend him, will be hiring his replacement. Do you trust Julio Frenk or the nearly 90-member BOT to make the right hire this time around? Do you trust Hilarie Bass, Chairwoman of the BOT, who was on the BOT when Blake James was hired, and Vice Chair when he was extended? How about David Epstein, a Vice Chair who's been on the BOT since 2004 (though all of this ****)? This problem is bigger than Blake James.

Despite all of that, I will be there Friday. Win by 5 TDs, lose by 5 TDs... I'll be in the stands singing the alma mater after the clock reads 00:00.

I agree with your post. I just feel like we keep enabling them by purchasing tickets and miami gear. I love the university of Miami. I just want to see change.

Advertisement
Yet another Hecht dimbulb talking about saving recruits. I guess you haven't yet noticed that the good recruits go elsewhere. No recruit can recall a great Miami team because there hasn't been one since they were old enough to understand.
Someone ate the copy pasta.

4 million for a headcoach and oc is not a low budget. So........

lol do some research. if you want a top tier or even above average experienced coach, you need more than 4 and closer to at least 5 to pry him away from anotehr school (esp if youre hiring that coach from a decent to good p5). UF paid mullen 6 plus, FSU paid tags 5. Neb paid frost 5. it takes more than 4 (which is the most we paid ever and we currently told many hes getting 3.1 bc of the buyout to temple) to hire a quality experienced coach and not one at the end of their career (richt).

I agree with your post. I just feel like we keep enabling them by purchasing tickets and miami gear. I love the university of Miami. I just want to see change.

we have a ****** fan base that doesn't show up for weekly (full crowds). not buying tickets and gear wont force any change other than hurt the kids that give their bodies to the school. you wanna see change, get more billionaire donors like the soffer family to put up the buyout money for many and fund the hiring of a top tier coach (urban). we need bigger booster funds than we currently have to compete with the big boys for the elite coaching prospects. this isn't saying the school is broke, this is saying that every college program will pay to what their donations and donors are. UF has donors giving their private planes for school use. we got fans flying banners. the soffer family is a great start and its how **** gets done. get mas to donate some of the baseball money he was going to pay for the marlins for the buyout and the next hiring of urban (salary plus staff salaries will put you near 20-25 mill annually).

Advertisement
Those posters are correct no matter what side of the fence you sit on.

We are also a play or two to losing to CMU. Five or six more plays from bigger deficits in out losses.

The plays happened as they happened and there's no changing that. Nobody wants a moral victory, is asking for one, and they still are losses at the end of the day. Yes though, we were a few plays, even with our poor play, from having a far better record.
Same thing was said bout cmr’s ten win season.
Late game heroics for GT and FSU made that season seem more successful than it was. Our punter and the turnovers we caused overshadowed our offensive deficiencies. There were a lot of needs that should have been addressed. I don’t know why we haven’t explored the juco kids given our lack of quality depth and scholarship numbers.
The reality is we have been a 7-8 win team the last few years. If we were 5-0 right now we would be talking about how awesome we’re going to be next year and that was the same narrative going into last season. There may be more light at the end of the tunnel being 2-3 than 5-0. It tempered expectations for 2020 and makes the team and staff and us fans see the holes that this team needs to fill from a player and coaching standpoint.

In other news. You guys have no idea the **** wooly mammoth my friend took down last weekend while wearing a canes T-shirt. At least two 40’s to even consider it.
Will it work? Only time will tell 🤞.
Slump-buster is a real thing.
I don't think it counts if its his wife.

Dude, we didn’t even have a coaching search.

other big programs didn't either when they made their hires. ours just didn't work out (so far). its not about having a caochign search, its about making the right hire. we had a search and landed on ******* golden, Shannon. at the top, the AD needs to go along with his whole crew. the hope is diaz turns it around as he learns or cleans house on both sides and we go after top tier coordinators (tho enos was one coming in, hes been stubborn as all ****). you want to attract the elite guys, you gotta pay up more than 4 mill to get him plus provide top tier coordinator and staff salaries.

Go to the game if you feel like it.

But when it comes time to renew your season tickets and precious parking pass for your tailgate, tell the ticket office that you're tired of being swindled and will no longer buy season tickets until you're convinced that the school is trying to win.
Like the person on the other line gives a rat's *** about your manic state of mind. Some people are so full of themselves that they probably reek of **** when they walk into a room.

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
Like the person on the other line gives a rat's *** about your manic state of mind. Some people are so full of themselves that they probably reek of **** when they walk into a room.

Go Canes!!!!!

what they should do is make an appt w the client experience dude assigned to your account and take your lunch hour to go into hecht w a one on one sit down. of course, if youre not spending golden cane money, you wont get that meeting bc money talks. its like when everyone (including me) *****ed about the UF ticket situation when the golden canes bought more tickets than they shouldve. the school doesnt give a **** bout 100 dollar donations, they care about the 25k plus donations bc those make a diff. theyre willing to let tier 2-4 donors be a little mad if it means appeasing their big time donors. welcome to the world of college athletics.

lol do some research. if you want a top tier or even above average experienced coach, you need more than 4 and closer to at least 5 to pry him away from anotehr school (esp if youre hiring that coach from a decent to good p5). UF paid mullen 6 plus, FSU paid tags 5. Neb paid frost 5. it takes more than 4 (which is the most we paid ever and we currently told many hes getting 3.1 bc of the buyout to temple) to hire a quality experienced coach and not one at the end of their career (richt).

Richt was the 22nd highest paid coach.

Clawson makes 1.5
Norvell makes 2.6
Babers makes 2.6
Butch makes less than 1
Kiffin makes 1

Advertisement
source.gif
I hate the Knicks and all New York related teams. And New York City for that matter.

Richt was the 22nd highest paid coach.

Clawson makes 1.5
Norvell makes 2.6
Babers makes 2.6
Butch makes less than 1
Kiffin makes 1

butch is a has been that's not a good coach and is also at FIU. no thanks.
kiffin has been either aawful or run out of every p5 job hes ever been at.

nice job using two g5 CUSA coaches as good coaches...

what everyone wants is an experienced elite coach. none of those are elite you mentioned and the elite dudes or even above average dudes you want to pry away from other schools would require at least 5 mill. go find out how many guys would jump at 3.1 ( what we pay now) or 4 (what richt made).

Advertisement
Back