I’ll be one of the enablers.

Advertisement
You may have a point.

We should pack the house 70 k and boo manny every chance we get
Start "fire blake james chants" and of the sorts for 3 hours.

They get funds but still get embarrassed.
How about attending the games.....with bags over your heads.Show you are embarrassed at the way this program has deteriorated over the past 15 years plus.

Yes I’ll be there. I’ll be there to enable the 5 game coaching staff.
I’ve already paid my money and I’m buying an extra ticket for a friend. I’ll be there doing my part to help the team. Wether your the one who says clean everything from the water boy up or the ones who say you need 3 years, you should go to the game.
One of he biggest chess pieces to this puzzle is right there in Miami Gardens and is also one of the biggest shots in the arm this team can get. It’s like when your a kid and they say dad or grandpa can’t make it. Then during warm ups you here your name called and there they are!!
It’s also the biggest ohh sht thing that you can give an opponent. Remember Neuhisel’s *** saying on xm radio predicting 40 percent Irish fans and about 50k in the seats. What resulted was a **** mad house and broken buss window.
When the women’s World Cup was held in the US 1999 the women talked about not knowing why there was so much traffic heading towards giant stadium. The emotion they felt when the realized that the traffic jam the noise and that packed stadium was for them was an emotional high.
You can argue all you want about admin and coaching. I’ve voice my opinion about Baker.
But baker is a better coach if 55k show up screaming like mad men and uva has to take a time out. 55 k show up and maybe whatever lack of morale or motivation stops even for just one night.
It’s like a hot piece of Cuban *** after a dry spell. These are the games hat Miami fans show up for. These are the nights we crave as fans. Let’s put all this sht aside and get our drink out grub and our smoke on and raise cane mfers!!!!
I am with you, my Canes Brother! Yell your **** off and help make that place insane. It will help the team, I promise. Hope you have a great time and we show you a team to be proud of.
GO CANES!!!!! :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
I’ve already paid my money and I’m buying an extra ticket for a friend. I’ll be there doing my part to help the team. Wether your the one who says clean everything from the water boy up or the ones who say you need 3 years, you should go to the game.
One of he biggest chess pieces to this puzzle is right there in Miami Gardens and is also one of the biggest shots in the arm this team can get. It’s like when your a kid and they say dad or grandpa can’t make it. Then during warm ups you here your name called and there they are!!
It’s also the biggest ohh sht thing that you can give an opponent. Remember Neuhisel’s *** saying on xm radio predicting 40 percent Irish fans and about 50k in the seats. What resulted was a **** mad house and broken buss window.
When the women’s World Cup was held in the US 1999 the women talked about not knowing why there was so much traffic heading towards giant stadium. The emotion they felt when the realized that the traffic jam the noise and that packed stadium was for them was an emotional high.
You can argue all you want about admin and coaching. I’ve voice my opinion about Baker.
But baker is a better coach if 55k show up screaming like mad men and uva has to take a time out. 55 k show up and maybe whatever lack of morale or motivation stops even for just one night.
It’s like a hot piece of Cuban *** after a dry spell. These are the games hat Miami fans show up for. These are the nights we crave as fans. Let’s put all this sht aside and get our drink out grub and our smoke on and raise cane mfers!!!!
You’re a fool.

Honestly dedicate some effort to your own life and try to accomplish something worth a ****.

Seriously focus on yourself you have a lot to learn if You don’t even know and aren’t capable of setting up a Gofundme on your own.

You don’t speak for all canes fans. It’s a terrible look for the program and to recruits and yes it’s worst than our play on the field. Because it gives the impression that the community is not really behind the team.

Whatever you spent on this project could have been used to put more Canes fans in the seats of the stadium.

You think it’s clever and it’s making a difference. It not in the way that you think it is.

You’re setting the program back and you’re too dumb to realize that you are doing our Rivals work for them. “Coach I heard ppl are getting fired is that true?” But then you guys will say this coach can’t recruit. And maybe they aren’t the best but I’d like to see you answer to a kid and convince him to come to a school where there are rumors of firings and lack of fan support 5 games in.

I will be at the game with bag on head!
source.gif

Enjoy the game man

Advertisement
I love how people won't go to games to prove to the admins they are ****ed, and are surprised when we have crap recruiting and a low budget for coaches...which they then blame on the admins.
Why should we support the same **** the past 15 years. Admins don’t care I don’t care.

You’re a fool.

Honestly dedicate some effort to your own life and try to accomplish something worth a ****.

Seriously focus on yourself you have a lot to learn if You don’t even know and aren’t capable of setting up a Gofundme on your own.

You don’t speak for all canes fans. It’s a terrible look for the program and to recruits and yes it’s worst than our play on the field. Because it gives the impression that the community is not really behind the team.

Whatever you spent on this project could have been used to put more Canes fans in the seats of the stadium.

You think it’s clever and it’s making a difference. It not in the way that you think it is.

You’re setting the program back and you’re too dumb to realize that you are doing our Rivals work for them. “Coach I heard ppl are getting fired is that true?” But then you guys will say this coach can’t recruit. And maybe they aren’t the best but I’d like to see you answer to a kid and convince him to come to a school where there are rumors of firings and lack of fan support 5 games in.

Yet another Hecht dimbulb talking about saving recruits. I guess you haven't yet noticed that the good recruits go elsewhere. No recruit can recall a great Miami team because there hasn't been one since they were old enough to understand.

Advertisement
You’re a fool.

These kids see that the coaching sucks and player development sucks.

Do not go to games and support this athletic department. A boycott is needed to clean this mess up.

I am going to set aside that UM is bigger than the athletic department or UM football, and that I (and others like me) show up to games to support our beloved alma mater and the team we love in the city we love, and address what I consider the illogical position of the "make the admin pay" and "15+ years of this is enough" mob.

For starters, Blake James should have never been made AD. Never. He's Shalala's final "fvck you" to UM fans. Manny was a lazy hire, but Blake James was the laziest hire. The guy came up through sales/ticketing/retail ops and didn't (doesn't) know a **** thing about football. Frankly, he got lucky that Kirby "it's pronounced weez-EL" Hocutt ran for cover just before the Shapiro (die slow in a fire) scandal broke open, leaving the administration scrambling for the likes of Shawn "the dope" Eichorst, who ran for the hills once his dumb a$$ finally realized he's inherited a scorched program. That's how Blake James, the ticket jockey, fell backwards into a job he wasn't qualified for.

But remember, Blake James did not officially take over as AD until 2013 (he was the interim AD for a few months). He's only been the AD here for 1/3 of the time since UM football hit the ****ter. And inexplicably, in May 2018, he was given an extension through 2023, after winning the Coastal for the first time in his 5 years as AD. UM's record during those 5 years: 42-23. That's a paltry 8.4 wins per season (including bowl games). The rest of those horrible years were overseen by the aforementioned wastes of human flesh, and a geriatric Paul Dee (may he rest in peace).

The point being, Blake James and Jenny Strawley are not the disease... they are just the most recent symptoms. Just like Eichorst and Hocutt before them. Just like Coker/Shannon/Golden/Richt were before Manny. You want to fire the entire athletic department?? Ok, that's fine. Lord knows they do not deserve their jobs. Boycott the games? You do you, man. Empty those seats. Fly a banner pre-game? It's tasteless and shameful to the university as a whole, but you can't stop two-dozen imbeciles living in their mother's new boyfriend's basement from crowd sourcing what is, for many of us, the cost equivalent of a night out with their wife. Go ahead.

But don't expect things to suddenly get better or meaningfully change. Many of the same people who made the questionable decision to hire James, and most of the people who made the horrible decision to extend him, will be hiring his replacement. Do you trust Julio Frenk or the nearly 90-member BOT to make the right hire this time around? Do you trust Hilarie Bass, Chairwoman of the BOT, who was on the BOT when Blake James was hired, and Vice Chair when he was extended? How about David Epstein, a Vice Chair who's been on the BOT since 2004 (though all of this ****)? This problem is bigger than Blake James.

Despite all of that, I will be there Friday. Win by 5 TDs, lose by 5 TDs... I'll be in the stands singing the alma mater after the clock reads 00:00.

Advertisement
I am going to set aside that UM is bigger than the athletic department or UM football, and that I (and others like me) show up to games to support our beloved alma mater and the team we love in the city we love, and address what I consider the illogical position of the "make the admin pay" and "15+ years of this is enough" mob.

For starters, Blake James should have never been made AD. Never. He's Shalala's final "fvck you" to UM fans. Manny was a lazy hire, but Blake James was the laziest hire. The guy came up through sales/ticketing/retail ops and didn't (doesn't) know a **** thing about football. Frankly, he got lucky that Kirby "it's pronounced weez-EL" Hocutt ran for cover just before the Shapiro (die slow in a fire) scandal broke open, leaving the administration scrambling for the likes of Shawn "the dope" Eichorst, who ran for the hills once his dumb a$$ finally realized he's inherited a scorched program. That's how Blake James, the ticket jockey, fell backwards into a job he wasn't qualified for.

But remember, Blake James did not officially take over as AD until 2013 (he was the interim AD for a few months). He's only been the AD here for 1/3 of the time since UM football hit the ****ter. And inexplicably, in May 2018, he was given an extension through 2023, after winning the Coastal for the first time in his 5 years as AD. UM's record during those 5 years: 42-23. That's a paltry 8.4 wins per season (including bowl games). The rest of those horrible years were overseen by the aforementioned wastes of human flesh, and a geriatric Paul Dee (may he rest in peace).

The point being, Blake James and Jenny Strawley are not the disease... they are just the most recent symptoms. Just like Eichorst and Hocutt before them. Just like Coker/Shannon/Golden/Richt were before Manny. You want to fire the entire athletic department?? Ok, that's fine. Lord knows they do not deserve their jobs. Boycott the games? You do you, man. Empty those seats. Fly a banner pre-game? It's tasteless and shameful to the university as a whole, but you can't stop two-dozen imbeciles living in their mother's new boyfriend's basement from crowd sourcing what is, for many of us, the cost equivalent of a night out with their wife. Go ahead.

But don't expect things to suddenly get better or meaningfully change. Many of the same people who made the questionable decision to hire James, and most of the people who made the horrible decision to extend him, will be hiring his replacement. Do you trust Julio Frenk or the nearly 90-member BOT to make the right hire this time around? Do you trust Hilarie Bass, Chairwoman of the BOT, who was on the BOT when Blake James was hired, and Vice Chair when he was extended? How about David Epstein, a Vice Chair who's been on the BOT since 2004 (though all of this ****)? This problem is bigger than Blake James.

Despite all of that, I will be there Friday. Win by 5 TDs, lose by 5 TDs... I'll be in the stands singing the alma mater after the clock reads 00:00.
This is like the scene in Ace Ventura in the tower with double paned soundproof glass.

The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one.

Advertisement
Back