I’d like to File a Complaint about the University

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVA CANE

All-American
As to why a white person is the Chief Diversity Officer. As a minority I’d like to know why the Chief Diversity Officer is not actually you know, a minority.

I don’t believe a white Chief Diversity Officer knows what it’s like to be a African American, Hispanic, Asian, of any other race. I take it as an insult and affront to my and other sensibilities that a white person would be the Chief Diversity Officer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm here to up my post count +1 in a garbage ****tier thread.

k, I'm out.

Your white privilege like our CDO is not appreciated in this thread. Please see yourself out.
Privilege ???? Oh yeah, I forgot. Since the FBS inception in 1978 81% of all White athletes playing football or Basketball going to FBS schools on scholarship did NOT meet the institutions MINIMAL academic admission requirements. NOT... Black privilege... affords inferior student athletes this luxury and takes away from REAL students whom meet those requirements.

Advertisement
Is that not like saying Obama should not have be the President of all people when Black males only make up 6.8% of the American population.
This is not the same. The poster is saying there is no way a person that is not of color in this country understand the disparities and structure discrimination that people of color encounter on a daily basis. Therefore, but someone in the position that understand and does the job well.

The argument about the team being mostly African American is more of an economic issue.

By some metrics based on where The U is located, "white" folks are a non-major player with diversity.

Miami Educational Attainment by Race
PercentageCounts
  • High School Graduation Rate
  • Bachelors Rate

NameTotalHigh SchoolBachelors
Hispanic240,565176,12754,966
Black53,69137,7196,508
White36,08234,67222,965
Other Race10,7427,6222,660
Multiple Races5,2964,0531,708
Asian3,6042,9742,028
Native American79741728