Hypothetically speaking....National Championship + COVID-19

Advertisement
Lets see, SEC and ACC are playing when was the last time a school not from one of them won the NC? Urban got his one ...... Hum. You could go with Clemson, OU and two of Bama, UGA and LSU and have legit championship game. I just threw OU in there but really?
Any hypothetical is good on this thread. Thanks for sharing....

Folks, let's say that some conferences move forward and play this fall (I doubt it); how would that impact the legitimacy of the national championship? The talent pool and competition would be diluted by 50%+. We would be talking about an Asterix season for the ages. How valuable with a NC be under these circumstances? Thoughts?
You understand Division 1 college football still has no official national championship right? It would be as legitimate as Alabama's 1941 national championship. I don't see a asterix on the stuff Bama sells.

Legitimate question.

I would say ‘No’ to an asterisk season.

The selection process for the playoffs is already flawed. We’ve seen TCU drop from contention after a 51-3 win, in favor of OSU. We’ve seen the SEC as the only conference with two of the four CFP teams, one that didn’t win their division (Alabama). We’ve listened to sports pundits talk of teams ‘passing the eyeball test’ and ‘looking better’.

The system is flawed unless all team’s admittance to the CFP is earned rather than voted on.

So ‘No’ to an asterisk season.

Advertisement
The SEC and Clemson have dominated the college football playoffs thus far. There should be very little room for an asterisk.

Folks, let's say that some conferences move forward and play this fall (I doubt it); how would that impact the legitimacy of the national championship? The talent pool and competition would be diluted by 50%+. We would be talking about an Asterix season for the ages. How valuable with a NC be under these circumstances? Thoughts?

If depends:

1. If we win it; extremely legit as we fought through the bull chit red tape to get there.

2. if some else wins it...........asterisk the Fck outta it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back