2025 Hylton Drake Stubbs 4* Safety Mandarin

With Jaime Ffrench committing to Bama today and his thread hovering on the first page, I figured it would be a good time to draw attention to the prospect at Mandarin that is probably the most realistic for us to land as of today (aside from current ‘24 commit Deryc Plazz).

Hylton “Drake” Stubbs is a 6-1 180lb 4-star Safety in the class of ‘25 that was offered by Miami last year. There has been some interest from both sides from what I gather. Played at Oakleaf last year and transferred to Mandarin to play his Junior season. Had 3 picks last year with a pick 6. Played a lot of single high safety. Acts as a decent center fielder in coverage and pretty strong in run support. Not sure about the speed, but he looks like a long strider. I’m always rooting for Mustangs to make it to Miami, this is one I’m keeping an eye on.

His sophomore film is below.

Edit: Mods, I can’t get the 247 profile to embed properly, but feel free to fix it if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
This the same team with the two DB’s committed to Penn State?

Good grief. Loaded.
QB Tramell Jones - '25 FSU commit
OL Deryc Plazz - '24 Miami commit
WR Josiah Watkins - '25 uncommitted, Charlotte offer.
DB Antoine Belgrave Shorter - '24 Penn St commit
DB Jon Mitchell - '24 Penn St commit
[BGCOLOR=initial]DB Drake Stubbs[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial] - '25 uncommitted, also a RAW Miami 7v7 guy. [/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]ATH Jaime Ffrench[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial] - '25 Bama commit[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]ATH Ethan Sherman[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial] - '26 uncommitted, FAMU & Maryland offers so far[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]DE Grant Pettigrew[/BGCOLOR][BGCOLOR=initial] - '24 uncommitted, offers from App St, WKU, Charlotte amongst others.[/BGCOLOR]
[BGCOLOR=initial]and thats the ones I know. [/BGCOLOR]

Last edited:
Advertisement

With Jaime Ffrench committing to Bama today and his thread hovering on the first page, I figured it would be a good time to draw attention to the prospect at Mandarin that is probably the most realistic for us to land as of today (aside from current ‘24 commit Deryc Plazz).

Hylton “Drake” Stubbs is a 6-1 180lb 4-star Safety in the class of ‘25 that was offered by Miami last year. There has been some interest from both sides from what I gather. Played at Oakleaf last year and transferred to Mandarin to play his Junior season. Had 3 picks last year with a pick 6. Played a lot of single high safety. Acts as a decent center fielder in coverage and pretty strong in run support. Not sure about the speed, but he looks like a long strider. I’m always rooting for Mustangs to make it to Miami, this is one I’m keeping an eye on.

His sophomore film is below.

Edit: Mods, I can’t get the 247 profile to embed properly, but feel free to fix it if you want.

I don’t know how but somehow I fixed it. The Http wasn’t copying in the same format as other profiles that worked so I copied Jamie Ffrench’s http and then substituted in this guy’s name and player ID number in the same format as the Ffrench one.

Advertisement
I hate those dumb little note cards

How do recruits fall for that ****? Just saying…That would be annoying as **** to me
Idk, I’ve been around kids when they receive them, and it makes them feel important to that school when they receive handwritten letters, especially when you receive a bunch from an entire staff.

The question you should ask yourself is, how would this recruit gauge our level of interest vs another school if the other school did this but we did not? Don’t you think the recruit would at least feel like the other school values him a bit more?

Idk, I’ve been around kids when they receive them, and it makes them feel important to that school when they receive handwritten letters, especially when you receive a bunch from an entire staff.

The question you should ask yourself is, how would this recruit gauge our level of interest vs another school if the other school did this but we did not? Don’t you think the recruit would at least feel like the other school values him a bit more?

Fair points…Just seems phony and overkill to me. But I'm no picnic myself lol

Advertisement
2 picks at crucial times tonight plus a 90yd fumble return for a TD to help Mandarin make it to their second state title game.

I hope we really make this dude a priority.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back