2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your point is the QB is good when he has all these weapons, but bad when he don't....for me he sucks. Tannehill was at Miami for many years, he was not a difference maker. Is he the worst Qb in the league no, if everything goes right, u may win a title with him. But i have no regrets he was let go. He had enough time. part of great QBs make up is they turn unknown WRs, RBs TEs etc into household names. They also take pressure off the OL by not holding the ball forever while also identifying pressure early. He was not it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whether it’s the right move or not isn’t the point though. Point is that right now we have seen a shift where WRs have been made a priority from a money standpoint. Hykeem getting a crazy NIL seems right in line with today’s trends.

My comment had nothing to do with Hykeem.....but i do think the point does have merit for the NFL. If those teams investing that much in a WR fail, while the teams that were not willing to spend that on the position continue to make playoff runs by prioritizing cap at other positions, we could see those numbers shift again over the next 1-2 years. A QB, OT and Edge guy can impact every single snap of a game. WRs maybe touch the ball 6-10 times a game.....and it takes a good QB or OC to get them touches. Can they influence coverages and things in other ways? Sure....particularly a guy like Hill with his speed. But some teams will continue to feel the position doesn't justify that large a percentage of cap space, similar to RBs. With so many spread teams in college now, there's more WRs in the pipeline each year.

QB, OT, DL and CB have always been the money positions for me.

Your point about Hykeem is a different discussion, and i do agree. Skill players in college get a **** of a lot more recognition and can take over games much easier. RB/WR recruits are valued just as much as the other positions in recruiting, but possibly offer a larger ROI for legit NIL deals.

Advertisement
So with visits set up to Pitt and UGA already, is the consensus that he OVs here with one of his final 3?

If your point is the QB is good when he has all these weapons, but bad when he don't....for me he sucks. Tannehill was at Miami for many years, he was not a difference maker. Is he the worst Qb in the league no, if everything goes right, u may win a title with him. But i have no regrets he was let go. He had enough time. part of great QBs make up is they turn unknown WRs, RBs TEs etc into household names. They also take pressure off the OL by not holding the ball forever while also identifying pressure early. He was not it
You’re telling the truth! Although I feel you’re being a lot more complimentary then you should.

My comment had nothing to do with Hykeem.....but i do think the point does have merit for the NFL. If those teams investing that much in a WR fail, while the teams that were not willing to spend that on the position continue to make playoff runs by prioritizing cap at other positions, we could see those numbers shift again over the next 1-2 years. A QB, OT and Edge guy can impact every single snap of a game. WRs maybe touch the ball 6-10 times a game.....and it takes a good QB or OC to get them touches. Can they influence coverages and things in other ways? Sure....particularly a guy like Hill with his speed. But some teams will continue to feel the position doesn't justify that large a percentage of cap space, similar to RBs. With so many spread teams in college now, there's more WRs in the pipeline each year.

QB, OT, DL and CB have always been the money positions for me.

Your point about Hykeem is a different discussion, and i do agree. Skill players in college get a **** of a lot more recognition and can take over games much easier. RB/WR recruits are valued just as much as the other positions in recruiting, but possibly offer a larger ROI for legit NIL deals.
Got it, just figured it was given it is a Hykeem thread. Either way, the trend has changed and there is data that backs it up. Is it a trend that will continue, we will see?

Advertisement
All things equal I’d take Cousins over Tanneyhill.
As a Vikings fan I’d second this. If Cousins had Henry to go play action with he’d probably win the MVP. Cousins gets a lot of flack for his play, which is warranted but Tannehill is the Dollar General version of Cousins. Both are vastly overpaid and are a “trailer” when you need your QB to be the truck driving the trailer.

Cousins always a solid play in FanDuel. Cheap and can get ya 300 and multiple TD’s any given Sunday.

Advertisement
He doesn’t have Henry, but Cook is pretty good and then AJ Brown while good is not Justin Jefferson and Thielen is real good as well. Cousins has weapons.
He does. I’d say his entire complimentary cast is better overall. I’m more speaking to his ability off of play action. Running play action of Henry will always be more impactful than running it off Cook.

He does. I’d say his entire complimentary cast is better overall. I’m more speaking to his ability off of play action. Running play action of Henry will always be more impactful than running it off Cook.
I deleted the post, because the idea of even defending Tannehill felt dirty and Im a Bears fan, so I should hate Cousins more. I would 100% take Cousins over Tannehill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back