2023 Hykeem Williams, 2023 WR (signs w/ Forfeit State)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Donald Trump GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Advertisement
CBs from Wiltfong, Ivins, Lake, and Urrutia to FSU all within the last 24 hours with 3 of those coming in this morning.

It's FSU so I can easily see this unravel but pretty damning on Gattis. If he doesn't get Tyler Williams next week......yiiiiikkkkkeeesssss.

For months I’ve been coming into this thread and respectfully scrolling right past every post except ones that may look to have official updates.

If there’s something legit letting us know things change then I’ll read it. But any speculation otherwise is a waste of your time in this thread.

For months I’ve been coming into this thread and respectfully scrolling right past every post except ones that may look to have official updates.

If there’s something legit letting us know things change then I’ll read it. But any speculation otherwise is a waste of your time in this thread.
@Ghandi said in the summer he was going to FSU. I thought it was hilarious then and even more so now. He will fit right in down there.

Advertisement
We need WR's....and I hope we can somehow swing 1-2 big ones still

This kid just seems like we may be dodging a bullet. Might be wrong but something feels off. If he truly does commit to FSU will he stick if they end up 7-5?

Mark 1 on the list if things you would never think would happen when Mario signed to coach Miami. Losing a south Florida 5 star WR to Norvell.

@HurricanePhilly FSU isn't going 7-5 unfortunately. They already won 2 games I had pegged as losses.

They look to be 8-4 possibly even 9-3 which is a huge season for Norvell.

He struck gold in the transfer portal with Johnny Wilson like he did with Jermaine Johnson last season.

Mark 1 on the list if things you would never think would happen when Mario signed to coach Miami. Losing a south Florida 5 star WR to Norvell.

We will lose 2 sofla 5 star kids at a position of major need. That's problematic no matter how you spin it. Add that the potential of losing out on another 1-2 sofla 5 star kids at the same position and it tells you that we have a MAJOR uphill battle at that position. Thankfully, the portal is out there but that's yet another position Mario will have to dive deep into the portal for next year (DL the other).

@gacaneaddict maybe. Definitely not disagreeing. BC, GT, and Louisiana should be gimme's. Thats 6. But every other game isnt a sure thing. Syracuse has the defense to slow them. I think the Wake game will be the true barometer of 7, 8 or 9 wins. They pull that out 9 is looking realistic. They've gotten the breaks to go their way in LSU and Louisville. Can they keep that up?

Whats the word with all their injuries too?

Advertisement
We will lose 2 sofla 5 star kids at a position of major need. That's problematic no matter how you spin it. Add that the potential of losing out on another 1-2 sofla 5 star kids at the same position and it tells you that we have a MAJOR uphill battle at that position. Thankfully, the portal is out there but that's yet another position Mario will have to dive deep into the portal for next year (DL the other).
And we didn't exactly light it up with portal transfers at the WR position this year either (although we did do well with the DL). Hopefully that was just a case of the staff being newer and we can get that sorted out, but it's frustrating to see that we continue to struggle there.

Do other teams consistently have a position or two that they have issues recruiting for years on end? The positions have changed, but it seems like going back to Shannon that there is always at least one position that is lagging far behind the others in recruiting. Even more frustrating is how many times that position has been at a position like WR or CB where we should have an advantage being in SFL.

And we didn't exactly light it up with portal transfers at the WR position this year either (although we did do well with the DL). Hopefully that was just a case of the staff being newer and we can get that sorted out, but it's frustrating to see that we continue to struggle there.

Do other teams consistently have a position or two that they have issues recruiting for years on end? The positions have changed, but it seems like going back to Shannon that there is always at least one position that is lagging far behind the others in recruiting. Even more frustrating is how many times that position has been at a position like WR or CB where we should have an advantage being in SFL.
Yes they are the middle of the pack teams like Miami.

Advertisement
So we’re going to be looking for a new OC/WR in a few months…
I made a post in the Jeremiah smith thread that I don’t feel like reiterating because it’s all just made me so puzzled and frustrated. But…between him and Addae, you gotta show me something in the recruiting department man. Gattis particularly, He’s supposed to be elite.

At least Addae’s unit played **** well on Saturday. The fact that we can’t land a stud WR is maddening, and when you add in the sunshine pumping all off-season and the fall…it just adds fuel to the fire.

I made a post in the Jeremiah smith thread that I don’t feel like reiterating because it’s all just made me so puzzled and frustrated. But…between him and Addae, you gotta show me something in the recruiting department man. Gattis particularly, He’s supposed to be elite.

At least Addae’s unit played **** well on Saturday. The fact that we can’t land a stud WR is maddening, and when you add in the sunshine pumping all off-season and the fall…it just adds fuel to the fire.
Robby 2 times and Ray Ray are Studs.

We need more length and outside type WRs though.

Robby 2 times and Ray Ray are Studs.

We need more length and outside type WRs though.
Who was the last successful receiver that we had that fit that mold? Leonard Hankerson for one year?

Who was even the last 4 or 5 star receiver that we got that was even supposed to fit that mold? Cager was big, but a 3 star.

Edit: I guess Redding would fit the bill of recruits that fit the mold and should have been successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back